Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Responsibilities
The position is responsible in assisting with the preparation of SEC financial statements and disclosures in compliance with GAAP and SEC requirements (including filings of the Form 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K), earnings and other press releases and investor communications. The position reports to the Sr. Mgr of SEC Reporting with dual report to the Director of SEC Reporting.
- Support the preparation and review of the quarterly (10-Q) and annual (10-K) filings with the SEC, as well as other required filings (8-Ks, etc.); assist with investor presentations, earnings and press releases, and annual reports
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly financials, including a monthly free cash flow and GAAP statement of cashflows
- Ensure timely accumulation and completion of accounting and disclosure information, including management's discussion and analysis and related XBRL; maintaining proper controls and procedures/documentation
- Assist with quarterly and ad-hoc presentations to disclosure committee, board, and executive leadership team
- Coordinate with external auditors to ensure they have what they need to complete the audit
- Ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Assist with certain external facing financial information in annual reports, press releases and investor relations' materials
- Assist with certain financing and other transactions occurring around the organization
- Assist with establishing global financial policies, practices, and procedures
- Assist with the design and operating effectiveness around internal controls in certain accounting areas
- Support immediate group (External & Technical Accounting) needs and larger group (Corporate Accounting) initiatives
- Other ad-hoc assignments as required - historically, could include government reports, certain stat audits, materiality calculations and SAB 99/108 analysis, litigation review, internal variance research, balance sheet reviews, business combinations, technical accounting research and memos, benchmarking research, proxy assistance, etc.
Experience & Education
- Accounting or finance; CPA
- 5+ years combined public accounting and public company industry experience to include experience in drafting financial statements and related disclosures; working knowledge an SEC Filing software (Workiva or the likes)
- Knowledge and application of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements for U.S publicly traded companies; IFRS a plus
- Experience working around tight deadlines, fast-paced, quick and ever-changing environments
- Financial systems (JDE, Essbase, HFM) experience a plus and a passion for continuous learning/process improvement
- Master's degree in Accounting
PREFERRED SOFT SKILLS AND PROFESSIONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Detail oriented, willingness to learn, curious mindset
- Active listener and ability to speak up
- Accountable and reliable; takes initiative and self-motivated; self-aware
- Team player and strives to engage in Company culture and goals
- Proactive, positive,and demonstrates humility, integrity, honesty and ethical behavior
- Problem solver, clear/concise verbal and written communication skills
- High emotional IQ and can work with all team levels from staff to executive; approachable
- Actively seeks out mentorship and constructive feedback as well asopportunities for self-improvement
- Strives to develop leadership potential and to be promotable; has a sense of urgency
- Continually works on the ability to present to executive level management, writing memos, and becoming a clear and effective communicator
None or case by case (Currently a Hybrid Remote environment with direction heading to in-person full-time)