Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Krakow, Poland
If you are and experienced IT Legal Counsel consider joining our Legal Services Global Operations department under Cracow Shell SBO. Our Center houses over 5000 highly experienced professionals, across all functions like Finance, HR, Legal Procurement and many more.
As an IT Legal Counsel you will act as an integral part of Shell's Legal IT team to deliver legal support to Shell's global Information and Digital Technology (IDT) organization, to achieve business outcomes aligned with our Powering Progress Strategy.
• Supporting Shell's IDT organization to effectively respond to cyber incidents, balancing competing risks and objectives. Providing Legal IT SME support in group crisis response to ensure business continuity.
• Providing Legal IT Subject Matter Expert support in connection with regulatory requirements for cyber incident reporting to regulators and minimum security measures, such as NIS2.0.
• Enable Shell IDT stakeholders to effectively understand issues in connection with negotiation of Shell's standard agreements for third party access to Shell group data, IT services and/or IT systems.
2. Data /Digital:
• Focal point for Legal IT Subject Matter Expert support in connection with local data sovereignty requirements restrictions in connection with IT projects contemplating data export.
• Identifying and tracking legislative developments & public consultation exercises in relation to data, digital and telecoms laws around the world, and communicating the potential implications of such laws within Shell Legal and to Shell's IDT organization.
3. IT Technology:
• Supporting Shell's IDT organization in the design, deployment and product lifecycle of new IT solutions.
• Focal point for Providing Legal IT Subject Matter Expert support in connection with local laws regulating collaboration and encryption products and solutions and supporting the deployment and lifetime management of these solutions.
• Providing Legal IT Subject Matter Expert support to other legal departments in connection with risk, opportunities and mitigation measures associated with IT solutions.
4. Strategic procurement: Leading the provision of legal support to IDT stakeholders, in collaboration with central (global) Contracting & Procurement IT teams in relation to:
• Major IT projects, including providing Legal input into project strategy planning, integrating legal advice from other Legal Subject Matter Experts and supporting Shell IDT stakeholders to effectively understand legal issues in connection with negotiation of related strategic third party agreements.
• Negotiation and ongoing management (including disputes) of strategic (high value/risk/ opportunity) IDT agreements, such as third party infrastructure, application development and management, software licensing and cloud services contracts.
• The establishment & termination of local agreements made pursuant to global IT framework agreements for IT products and implementation of service ordering principles & provisions;
• Drafting new IT specific templates or terms and corresponding guidance (including Contracting & Procurement guidance).
• Delivering periodic training to Shell IDT and procurement teams, including in relation to regulatory compliance, key contract negotiation issues and strategies, Shell's IDT standard agreements, and Shell's risk assessment and procurement processes.
• Legal qualification.
• At least 5 years or proven track record preferably in a regional or global role in relevant job scope described above (cyber, data/digital, technology/strategic procurement).
• Team player with the ability to work independently under pressure with minimum supervision.
• Flexibility to work as part of virtual global team.
• Fluency in English with strong English legal drafting skills.