If you're a strategic thinker with a passion for deal making, negotiation and business partnering this role could be your chance to make your make in the convenience store and gas station industry. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally.
Emerging megatrends and disrupters, such as digitalization and the energy transition, strongly influence how we are commercializing our activities to be fit for the future. As we transition to cleaner forms of energy, the challenge facing the energy industry is considerable. You're going to be a vital part of the Americas Procurement Retail team who are passionate about value delivery, the fast pace of retail and exploring new innovative frontiers to help shape our IT future. Site Equipment in the Network portfolio; as well as Payment and Loyalty in the Marketing Portfolio along with integration of other Mobility categories depending on the IT and Digital requirements that interfaces with those categories.
The CP Lead Mobility IT Digital Mktg Canada is responsible for managing the strategic execution of sourcing strategies, effective & efficient delivery of category strategies, and procurement activities, in addition to associated iterative testing and learning that supports one of the Project's goals. This role shall contribute and support the eco system consisting of the IT & Digital teams, Project teams, the Network & Marketing CP Category Managers & the Americas CP Managers for the end-to-end delivery of some of the Network & Marketing portfolios.
This position has no direct reports but advises 7-12 direct business stakeholders and interfaces with global procurement, Legal, other business functions and contracting colleagues in the USA and Mexico.
We are seeking an individual that will:
Skills & Requirements
- Proactively identify & understand commercial/procurement needs from internal stakeholders and collaboratively propose competitive solutions
- Develop commercially competitive contracting & procurement strategies which meets the Business Demand while considering potential implementation of Global Strategies at local/regional level
- Balance between "traditional" procurement skills and novel commercial, creative thinking to appropriately execute new-to-Shell new business models and supply chains
- Conduct tenders, evaluate bids & lead negotiations with suppliers for Canada and/or regional contracts and ensure commerciality in our approach
- Identify, develop & implement supply chain improvement opportunities
- Execute Contract Management on Strategic and key Tactical contracts to continuously deliver against value improvement targets
- Ensure Supply Chain Strategy supports Goal Zero through implementation of robust Contractor Safety Management practices & Worker Welfare
- Guarantee the application of the E2E CMCP process, using commercial judgement common sense and a simplification mind-set, understanding the difference between non-negotiable compliance elements (Safety, E&C, Code of Conduct, Law) and CP operating practices, while always enterprise business value in focus
When it comes to nurturing collaborative stakeholder relations, it's your excellent people skills that will make the difference. You will inspire people to make changes that will have a direct impact on our commercial success.
We're keen to hear from men and women who have a bachelor's or master's degree in business or IT Project Management and/or a Procurement Degree, PMAC or similar accreditations. Beyond that, we'd hope to see as many of the following as possible on your CV;
- Enthusiastic, self-starter and team player. Proven track record of execution excellence and delivering timely results in fast paced environment.
- 7+ years recent retail industry experience. Previous procurement and/or business experience in the IT space preferred.
- Sound understanding of the Convenience Retail business, retailing and or Fast-Moving Consumer Goods industry.
- Good interpersonal relationship management with the confidence and ability to build relationships with all levels of management and staff. Effective and concise communicator - able to translate complex business requirements or processes into a clear strategy, storyline to influence the business and easy to understand actions.
- Strong procurement experience, strategy development and execution, negotiations, contract / supplier performance management.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills
- Familiarity with the ARIBA procurement software is an asset.
- Knowledge of IT and Digital categories that relate to Marketing or Network e.g., Payment, Loyalty, CRM, Network Site Systems, Site Equipment, Facilities Maintenance, Engineering Construction.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed in the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that women from under-represented groups often only apply when they feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.