Shell's story in China dates back more than 100 years. At Shell China we will make sure that your ideas will travel. All of Shell's core businesses are now represented in China. We need world-class candidates to continue our drive to innovate and answer the world's energy needs in socially and environmentally responsible ways.
If you want to play a role in China's energy transition, then this might be the perfect opportunity for you!Where you fit in
The Mobility Digital Finance Manager (WOFE - Wholly Owned Foreign Enterprise) is the most senior finance officer in the digital arm of the company, with the mission to grow and sustain digital-driven value as strategic and vital success factor to China Mobility business.
- Markets and governance: The mobility business is widely spread and organized by a few non-operating joint ventures and wholly owned markets governed by strong corporate standards.
- The business is operated with strong business and financial control framework addressing legal and fiscal requirements.
- Strong digital and business commercial culture to win competition with effective investments and returns.
The role will acquire personal developments in the following areas:
What is the role?
- Visible finance leadership and value to the core mobility business leadership team
- A significant contribution to the advancement of Mobility China's business and digital growth journey
- Robust experience fitful to career development to more senior finance roles.
The role is expected to work independently with most senior business stakeholders in Mobility China:
What we need from you?
- Accountable to make value and risk balanced financial investment decisions to sustain and grow the digital asset's inherent financial value. Drive and navigate realization of the value promises of digital assets
- Guardian of Shell Control Framework and business and financial process and controls to the digital assets
- Accountable to build financially sound and commercially viable pricing and cost framework of a digital business, navigate opportunity and challenges through the complexity
- Interface with most senior stakeholders of Mobility China and drive high quality investment and financial performance review
- Accountable to manage Statutory/Tax/Financing complexity and efficiency, leverage Shell China Tax/Treasury SMEs and represent the company as primary interface to Tax authority/ treasury operations. Set-up effectively relationship with external tax, fiscal and treasury interfaces
- Oversee financial accounting and reporting process thru collaboration with dedicated FO support teams
The Mobility Digital Finance Manager is expected to equip with following level of skills and competences:
More about ShellAn innovative place to work
- Mastery in investment policies and financial value and risk assessment framework and skilful application to the new digital business model
- Mastery in Control Framework and its application to rapid and continued pace of change
- Mastery in developing business strategy, chartering roadmap and support new operating models and new businesses for Shell
- Mastery in stakeholder management both internally with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Mastery in financial elements in commercial/ pricing decision-making and finance' roles in sales contract management and procurement
- Strong leadership skills to team up and focus on value and risk focused collaboration with business working groups and finance operations
- Work proactively and effectively, with strong skills in leveraging limited resourcing for maximized outcome and step changes
- Strong personal leadership with integrity, sufficient maturity, resilient with multiple setbacks and failures,
- Deep appreciation and skilful application of learner mindset and behaviour in unchartered water
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.