Lead Engineer - Service Engineering Do you enjoy being part of team that provides high-quality engineering for our customers?Are you a Controls Engineer looking for an interesting and inspiring opportunity?Join our team!
Bringing cutting-edge physical and digital technologies together to create oilfield equipment is the beating heart of our work. Devising smarter systems that control and monitor oil and gas extraction, our subsea and flexible pipe capabilities are industry leading. Our team provides support for customer operations to ensure continuity for production.Partner with the best
This is a position for a Lead Engineer - IWOCS/ISM in the Services / Aftermarket department. You'll be a technical focal point, specifically on all Intervention, IWOCS and P+A scopes and work across all regional projects and with operational teams on the existing install base.
As a Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Leading all applicable Health, Safety, Environmental, and Quality requirements which encompasses region lead for the Pressure Safety Council.
- Collaborating with Global Engineering Product teams on technical updates, notifications, and equipment safety initiatives
- Leading all regional engineering Intervention and IWOCS scopes from bid through execution to customer delivery.
- Executing with limited guidance the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned individual and team projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- Defining Cost, Time and resource allocation across the intervention engineering team.
- Delivering engineering design based on customer requirements and developing them into design specifications, verifying the design and converting into manufacturing specifications and operating specifications.
- Providing technical engineering support and leadership during business and non-business hours, including rotation based 24-7 engineering on-call.
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have bachelor's in mechanical / Mechatronics / Controls Engineering, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of qualifications and relevant experience.
- Have +5 years of engineering experience within the subsea industry or related service organization.
- Have service-based Customer First mindset and good understanding of risk analysis and hazard mitigation
- Be proactive and results oriented, self-motivated and ability to work independently and in a team.
- Have field experience in subsea installations, troubleshooting and interventions
- Have good communication skills, with an ability to communicate well in a multi-lingual/multi-cultural team environment
- Have good English language skills, both verbal and written.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward - making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.