We are currently looking for a Civil Structural Designer based in Den Haag, Netherlands for a 12-month contract within the petrochemical or hydrogen market. The ideal candidate will be able manage civil engineering services that meet the clients, its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Initiate, manage and if required supervise civil engineering project requirements.
- Participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures.
- Ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes.
- Help and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders.
- If responsible for a team:
- Outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between the clients and its customer's requirements.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments and technical innovations in civil engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the civil engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the civil engineering team and project stakeholders, including the customer.
What you will bring:
- Technical and Industry Experience
- A sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the civil engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competent use of civil engineering specific software.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Substantial technical land practical experience in civil engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Education, Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- A recognised and relevant engineering degree.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering, management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!