Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for a Principal Electrical Designer to join our team in Perth. This is an initial 12-month contract which is anticipated to be an ongoing assignment, in support of one of our key energy clients.
Wood delivers brownfields engineering, procurement, construction, optimisation and technical services to the oil and gas sector and enjoys long-term partnerships with some of the region's most prominent producers, actively supporting operations in Western Australia, the Northern Territory, Kazakhstan, and Sakhalin.
At Wood you will join an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds and recognised industry innovators, partnering to create new possibilities. Reporting to the I&E Design Lead and working as part of our clients' integrated team, you will support the Electrical Design packages on a major brownfields oil & gas project, with the support of a small team, both locally and internationally.
In addition, you will:
- Readily take ownership of discipline design commitments and requirements on a project
- Ensure deliverables are consistently checked, accurate and presentable
- Provide day to day services to the project
Join us in the heart of Perth's CBD at Dexus Place - 240 St Georges Terrace, free 24/7 access to an exclusive onsite gym, superb end of trip facilities, coffee machines serving on demand and plenty of spaces to get creative. In addition, you will have access to remote and flexible working options, purchased annual leave and employee discount programs. Skills / Qualifications Please note you must be an Australian citizen or currently hold Permanent Residency (PR) and able to work lawfully in Australia without company sponsorship.
Ideally you will have proven 3D experience as a Principal Electrical Designer working in a similar role in an EPCM / Engineering environment within the Australian resource sector. What will set you apart will be your relevant experience in Brownfields Oil & Gas projects.
In addition, you will have
- Relevant Certificate or suitably qualified by industry experience
- An ability to interpret and translate engineering concepts into practical designs
- Experienced with MicroStation and AutoCAD. Also, preferably, experience with E3D and Navisworks Simulator.
- Professional demeanor and interpersonal skills
- An ability to both lead and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Open to spend time away from office location as and when operation requires
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- A solutions mindset and able to manage varying tasks with often changing and competing priorities
It takes a diverse and inclusive community of inquisitive minds to unlock tomorrow's solutions to the world's most critical challenges. Wood encourages Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply. If you are Principal Electrical Designer looking for a new career opportunity in the Perth Oil & Gas industry - apply today!
Shortlisting will commence immediately. Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.