An opportunity is available to join an international oil and gas operating company in the role of Senior Workover Engineer, based in the highly liveable town of New Plymouth, New Zealand.
The role will provide leadership and engineering expertise for the safe delivery of the Company's Well Intervention and Workover opportunity and activities. In addition to working on world class offshore oil and gas assets, it will also offer a career progression opportunity as a successor to the Department Manager.
Responsibilities will include;
- Ensuring that workover and intervention activities are planned and carried out in compliance with HSSE policies, procedures and regulations
- Providing workover and intervention engineering technical expertise to assets, covering water drive reservoir gas wells onshore and offshore along with artificially lifted oil wells offshore
- Support, and where required delegate for, the Department Manager to manage i) activity planning ii) departmental issues iii) budget panning
- Develop intervention solutions for scale and water management in horizontal gas wells
- Drive a continuous improvement culture within the team
- Mentor and coach staff in the Workover department
- Maintaining sufficient equipment and materials to mobilise for workovers
Suitable candidates will have;
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant engineering discipline
- Minimum of 9 years experience in a CWI role
- Strong knowledge of ALS, specifically ESPs
- Experience with horizontal wells is highly regarded
- An interest in new technologies
- CTU experience
Full visa sponsorship and international relocation is available for this role, as well as the opportunity to live and work in New Zealand.
For further information please contact George Clark