Assistant Crane Operator - Semi-SubPuglisevich Featured Employer
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
COMPANY/CLIENT: Puglisevich on behalf of Odfjell Drilling
TYPE OF RIG: DP3 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible, Hercules
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract, Full Time
CONTRACT: Short Term Contract; Estimate 5-6 Months
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: Four (4)
JOB SUMMARY: The Assistant Crane Operator is responsible for operating cranes for loading and unloading and mobilizing drilling equipment and other equipment and materials. He/she is also responsible for first-line maintenance of cranes and relevant lifting appliances.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· 1+ years previous experience as a Lead Roustabout with 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible
· 1+ years previous experience with Liebherr BOS 4200-80 and MH Knuckle Boom Cranes
· Experience with operation of mooring winches (preferable experience with MacGregor/Pushnes)
· Offshore Crane Assessment
· Structured and organized mindset
· High level of integrity
· Good verbal and written communication skills in English
· Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
· Safe operation of cranes.
· Operate equipment within his/her area of responsibility to ensure that the time for repairs and maintenance is kept to a minimum by observing valid maintenance procedures.
· Keep the work area, tools, and maintenance equipment clean and tidy.
· Safe job execution. He/she shall also have job skills that include but are not limited to:
o Safe operation of cranes and in accordance with procedure "safe use of lifting equipment."
o Very good knowledge of lifting and hoisting appliances.
o Safe use of guidelines
o Operation as per rules and regulations.
o Check that TBRA is made and cover ongoing operation.
· Observe to uncover any non-compliance and immediately report these to his/her superior.
· Responsible for ensuring that all work is done safely and professionally and actively take part in safety meetings and other meetings.
· Carry out or assist in jobs or projects requested by his/her immediate superior.
· Assist Crane Operator in updating electronic loading plan.
· Emergency duties according to the unit's emergency organization.
· Assemble, inspect, and sign off of scaffolding under 5M.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Odfjell Drilling to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications, and experience to make application for this position.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: