Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Pipeline Field Services Senior Environmental Permitting Specialist
for our office in Houston, TX. Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Environmental Permitting, this position is responsible for assisting with permitting and planning development in the client area, including all aspects of federal, state, and local construction, and operating environmental permits and project authorizations. The Senior Environmental Permitting Specialist serves as the Environmental Lead on the project. Travel required on occasion if project warrants. Duties include:
Skills / Qualifications Education & Credentials:
- Conduct field inspections of client facilities, properties, and project sites as necessary for ensuring compliance with permit conditions and reviews.
- Prepare Phase I ESA-1527 ASTM studies, field, and report preparation.
- Manage the environmental permitting process, from early siting to completion, duties include engaging third-party sub-contractors where required. Issuing Work Release(s), Safety compliance for contractors, oversight
- Conduct appropriate research regarding federal, state, and local environmental agencies to determine applicable permitting requirements.
- Ability to perform requisite environmental studies including Wetland Delineations, Threatened and Endangered Species Surveys and Environmental Site Assessments.
- Prepare and submit appropriate environmental documents, plans, and permit applications, as required for various regulatory/resource agencies.
- Coordinate agency approval of permit applications and assists with public notice requirements when applicable.
- Ability to assess technical requirements and develop scope of work for project execution.
- Prepare, implement, and manage professional service agreements and task orders with consultants.
- Good client-internal communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage a team.
- Bachelor's Degree in environmental, environmental management, petroleum engineering, physical or biological science, or related field
- 5+ years of current experience in positions requiring proficiency with the analysis and application of environmental regulations including permitting.
- The position is in Houston, Texas. Travel is occasional as work may be conducted around and throughout the United States as well as foreign countries. Passport preferred but not required as a condition of employment.
- The successful candidate will be familiar with the various methods of determining compensatory mitigation requirements such as the HGM, MCM, LRAM and TXRAM models.
- Experience with FERC and Presidential Permit desired but not required.
- The successful candidate will also be experienced and proficient in the utilization of ArcGIS.
- Ability to manage projects with minimal oversight.
- Established track record of obtaining environmental permits at the state and federal level.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.