Distribution EngineerWood Featured Employer
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Power Solutions perform consulting and EPCM services for many of North America's power generation and power distribution companies.
Wood currently has exciting opportunities for an Intermediate Distribution Engineer. Reporting to the Manager, Distribution Engineering, this position can be located in any of the following offices - Oakville, ON, Saskatoon, SK, Vancouver, BC, Calgary, AB. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Skills / Qualifications
- Knowledge of structural, civil and geotechnical aspects of distribution engineering
- Knowledge of overhead systems design and the use of PLS-CADD
- Knowledge of interconnecting DER's and modeling interconnection studies
- Experience in power system analysis (such as voltage drop, equipment loading, steady-state voltage rise, etc.) using software such as CYME, ETAP, EasyPower, SKM.
- Experience with substation and transmission projects
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Experience with GIS applications
- Experience with Jira application
- Experience mentoring junior staff
- Experience in both Canada and United States
- Experience working in a utility or consulting environment and managing multiple projects with competing priorities
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.