Are you excited by the prospect of working for an industry leader in Energy Technology?Do you enjoy being part of a successful team?Join our innovating Manufacturing team
Our Turbomachinery & Process Solutions business provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the extraction, production and processing of energy. We create value with impactful decisions by effectively connecting ideas and people. We champion an entrepreneurial culture to unlock full our potential by bringing energy to the world.Partner with the best
The Transportation Operations Manager will plan and coordinate the modules transportation operations on a day-to-day basis, ensuring that work is done safely, on time and within budget and to the right quality standards.
As Transportation Operations Manager, you will be:
Fuel your passion
- Provide Leadership for the whole Transportation Operations
- Plan and supervise the transportation of the structures and Modules from supplier to site
- Schedule daily and weekly routes
- Track orders using functional systems
- Coordinate with Transportation Contractors and Port Authorities
- Collaborating with staff members to formulate and implement transportation-related procedures
- Monitor and report on transportation costs
- Ensure shipping documents are properly filed
- Research and suggest cost-effective shipping methods
- Conduct regular safety audits on area and equipment
- Organize training sessions for employees
- Keep organized records of work, schedules and completed orders
- Ensure compliance with company policies and shipping legislation
- Stay up-to-date with safety regulations
- Promoting a Culture of interdependence on HSE and Quality and ensuring the full compliance to standards and policies.
- Defining and monitoring performance management KPI's to ensure all the operational objectives are met, seeking and securing opportunities for cost savings.
- Being a key agent on Cultural Transformation, fostering Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Provide contemporary Leadership for the whole Operation Team.
- Develop and implement all necessary method statements and procedures.
- Responsible to guarantee performances of (sub) Contractors working at site, in terms of timing, cost control, quality and safety.
- Establish and promote a culture of full compliance to the HSE and Quality policies fostering continuous improvement initiatives. Timely Implement CA/PA as required.
- Define and monitor performance management KPI's to ensure all the operational objectives are met
- Research opportunities for cost savings across.
- Stay up to date with technological changes within the industry.
Work in a way that works for you
- To be successful in this role you will:
- A degree or equivalent and relevant professional qualifications.
- Deep knowledge of the workplace health and safety highest standards.
- 5+ years of experience in the production environment ; preferred work experience as a Transportation Manager, Shipping Manager or similar role
- Experience in operations management and construction activities
- Experience in working in complex organizations.
- Significant knowledge of quality industrial standards.
- Thorough knowledge of the Company and its products and processes.
- Have knowledge of the principles of Lean manufacturing is preferred.
- Be fluent both in English and Italian and hold an EU work permit
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward - making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.