Sr. Project Manager (Process Equipment)Vision of Role
The Sr. Project Manager (PM) leads the development and execution of the engineering and construction packages required to build the process portions of the site infrastructure and process facility at St Gabriel. The PM will work in conjunction with program management team to provide oversight, leadership, and control of project execution working with in the defined and refined project execution methodologies. Their key role is to verify that the contractors perform detailed engineering and procurement services in accordance with contractual requirements, inclusive of client specifications and standards, to meet the company objectives for the project. The PM ensures deliverables from the contractor enhance construction efficiency and when required, follows the project through construction, commissioning, and start-up.
The PM Position will require travel to contractor offices and the St. Gabriel site on a regular basis.ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The PM, reporting to the Project Director, and working close with Engineering Manager and program management team, will be responsible for the overall process facility delivery including planning, scoping, estimating, engineering, construction, and commissioning.
- The PM will monitor contractor engineering and procurement performance across the broad areas of cost estimating and progress measurement, quality, schedule, and construction planning. The PM will work with the engineering and construction managers to appraise contractor engineering and procurement performance and ensure that deficiencies are corrected in a timely manner to successfully complete the contract package to which they are assigned, consistent with the Project Objectives and technical requirements.
- Coordinates inter-disciplinary activities and interfaces of both Client and contractors, monitors and appraises contractor engineering and procurement performance. Solves problems, proposes solutions, resolves complexities throughout the life span of the engineering effort. The PM is the technical and engineering coordination leader responsible for:
- Coordination of and participation in PFD, P&ID, HAZOP, etc., review meetings and technical proceedings
- Coordination of all Client and contractor engineering and design resources, including manpower planning, inter-disciplinary squad checks, clash checks, etc.
- Coordinating and participating in development of equipment specifications, bids, bid tabs, vendor selection as required
- Monitoring, controlling, and reporting of engineering progress against cost/schedule/quality baselines
- Verifying that work is proceeding in compliance with Client standards and specifications as well as industry codes, standards and accepted practices
- Assist the Engineering Manager in development of an Engineering and Design Management Plan
- Setting an MOC compliance strategy for the project, then ensuring engineering package issuance is consistent with that strategy.
- Assumes Engineering Manager's role in Engineering Manager's absence or as required
- Ensure engineering packages meet all specified requirements in accordance with Client's published requirements
- Coordinate the appraisal (engineering and procurement Quality Assurance) of contractor performance with other members of the Project Team inclusive of Client discipline engineers, and follow any action items to resolution
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Civil, Chemical, Electrical or other equivalent engineering discipline or related field
- Minimum fifteen (15) years direct experience in capital projects in the specialty chemicals, petrochemical, or chemical industry with at least 10 years of direct project management experience (international experience a plus)
- Previous experience managing front end development for Brownfield and/or Greenfield projects ( >$75MM USD)
- A leader in safety on assigned projects including setting expectations and being visible in the field
- Ability to align project objectives and justifications with various stakeholder groups
- Knowledge of contracting and contracting strategies
- Extensive knowledge of Project Management principles
- Experience in strategy development for international organizations
- Must have experience managing engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contractors
- Ability to judge the quality of engineering and construction documents
- Ability to supervise multi-disciplined teams
- Thorough knowledge of project controls and cost forecasting
- Ability to prepare and analyze critical path schedules
- Understanding of stage gated work processes and deliverables
- Ability to drive project definition and secure team alignment
- Working understanding of design reviews, constructability reviews and other value improving practices (VIPs)
- Keen focus on project change management
- Familiarity with commercially available plant design products such as Autodesk's AutoCAD, Intergraph PDS, Bentley Micro-station, etc.
- Working knowledge of Primavera and SAP (PM/PS modules)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent people skills (Customer focused)
- Experience in culturally diverse organizations
- Effective at promoting teamwork
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.