Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Responsibilities
Weatherford have a great opportunity for a R&M (Repair & Maintenance) Technician/Tooldresser to join the team in Altens, Aberdeen. The R&M Technician/Tooldresser has a responsibility to service Weatherford fishing and re-entry equipment and maintain associated paperwork in-line with Weatherford and Client Company policies, procedures and systems, statutory regulations, and good industry practice.
The R&M Technician/Tooldresser is also responsible for ensuring that equipment is serviced and maintained to an acceptable standard as defined by the quality management system. The role is measured by the accurate fulfilment of job specific processes and the subsequent performance of the equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out servicing, assembly and testing work on Weatherford Fishing & Re-entry equipment and third party equipment in accordance with Weatherford quality management system.
- Prepare and maintain associated documentation in accordance with Weatherford quality management system.
- Identify re-work, inspection, and repair work in order to ensure that FRE equipment is readily available for allocation to specific jobs.
- Liase with Workshop Coordinator, Warehouse Materials Staff, Senior Inspector and third-party suppliers to ensure that inspection and repair work is carried out in an efficient & timely manner.
- Maintain work area in a clean and safe manner at all times to prevent any incidents/accidents.
- Identify potential hazards and monitor the condition of hand tools & machinery, communicating any discrepancies to the Workshop Coordinator.
- Responsible for QHSE within the area of accountability ensuring all personnel & contractors carry out work in a safe manner using all recommended protective equipment.
- To ensure that cranes, forklifts, and other vehicles are operated in a safe manner and daily inspections carried out.
- Maintain a professional demeanour and attitude.
- Ensuring that product familiarity is maintained as new products are introduced.
- Undertaking any required training to a satisfactory level of achievement.
- Promote general team spirit with an emphasis on inter - departmental relations.
- To assist other departments in meeting their goals and objectives and to maintain a constant and effective level of communication with internal and external customers.
- Through training and experience develop an in-depth knowledge of tool functionality and how they relate to Fishing & Re-entry systems.
- Participate in the FRE Duty Rota - on call system. The on-call system runs for 7 days from Monday at 1700hrs to the following Monday at 1700hrs. Duties undertaken whilst on this rota will include 24hr on call cover, creation of service, equipment and work orders, and coordination of warehouse staff and dispatch of equipment to a customer - out with normal hours of work.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
- 3-4 Years of oil industry experience.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Must possess a good level of general education in Mathematics and English Language.
- Must be fluent in reading and writing English.
- Relevant experience in workshop environment.
- Demonstrated an ability to work in a team environment, as well as an ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative to resolve potential problems.
- Able to use the right information and/or technology and be able to identify and recommend improvements as appropriate.
- Able to quickly learn and apply new technical systems and tools.
- A team player with open and direct communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Self-motivated, and have the ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a team towards achieving shared objectives.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Adaptable and flexible with regards to working hours.
- Reliability and good timekeeping.
- Be capable of working using own initiative and at times unsupervised.
- Willingness to help others, learn new skills and take satisfaction from a task well done.
- Show potential for future development.
- Ideally would possess a good understanding of mechanical and hydraulic tools, rotary connections and oilfield sealing systems.
- Completed forklift, slings-man, manual handling, and crane operation training.
- Demonstrated a basic knowledge of Rig Systems and Drilling Operations.
- Demonstrated basic keyboard and/or computer skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems - basic level.
- Demonstrable basic knowledge of oilfield equipment.
- Ideally would have completed a recognised Engineering Trade Apprenticeship.