Overview / Responsibilities
Wood are currently looking for a Pipefitter to join their Fabrication Facility in Tullos. This is a full time position and has come about due to the increase in workload within the facility. Role Specific responsibilities:
Fab Shop Specific responisbilities:
- Perform all required discipline tasks safely, consistently and in accordance with project requirements, standards, procedures and specifications.
- Take responsibility for the work site and safe execution of construction activities, as delegated by the line supervisor.
- Participate and carry out tool box talks as required. Tool box talks are to be interactive between the deliverer and all recipients, covering the current scope of work, corresponding permits and control of work documents.
- Responsible for stopping the job and seeking advice from the appropriate person should they have any concerns with a task they are conducting.
- Responsible for reporting any accidents and incidents immediately to the Line Supervisor.
- Awareness of physical condition of plant and equipment to ensure technical integrity is maintained.
- Awareness of personal safety, that of others and risks associated with the scope.
- Able to understand relevant Construction drawings.
- Have a good technical knowledge of discipline.
- Complete all work scopes as communicated by the Line Supervisor in accordance with applicable work pack / job card instructions, associated procedures and drawings.
- Support team performance and development by sharing knowledge and best practices.
- Report any defect / inspection reports to Line Supervisors in a clear and concise manner.
- Report any changes in scope of work to Line Supervisor so a safe re-assessment of the work scope can be completed.
- Support overall delivery of company goals and schedule.
Skills / Qualifications
- Provide support to other trades / disciplines where required and form part of an integrated multi-discipline team.
- Proactively seek additional tasks where time permits.
- Show an enthusiasm to develop core skills.
- Demonstrate professional and positive attitudes / behaviours.
- Execute assigned personal objectives and tasks.
- Contribute to positive team working attitude.
- Participate in company and local safety initiatives
The ideal candidate will be time served and be able to show an Apprenticeship AND/OR a Vocational Qualification in the specific discipline. Previous experience within a Fab Shop experience will be desirable. Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.