Overview / Responsibilities Wood is recruiting for a Senior Project Engineer
to join its Projects - Process and Chemical team focusing on engineering, procurement and construction of complex plants in the Chemical, Petrochemical and Energy industries.
The position will be based in Corsico (Milan) office, with the possibility to work from home up to two days per week. Join a culture of innovation
, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients. The Role
Reporting to the Project Engineering Manager or directly to Project Manager, you will be the technical coordinator of the project, interfacing with all engineering disciplines (process, piping, civil, technological, machinery & packages, electrical, instrumentation), and supervising the team of project engineers.
You will also relate with Client, attending technical weekly coordination meeting and official project review meetings. Our Clients and Projects It's a future for all of us
. We aspire to shape a better tomorrow by unlocking solutions that address the biggest challenges facing our clients and our society.
You will be working for major international clients in the energy market and material market, and you will be part of a team results focused that will provide technical solutions. What we can offer
If all of this sounds good to you, review the typical responsibilities of the role and the requirements of the position below, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with Wood. Typical responsibilities
- Meaningful and interesting projects delivered to leaders of industry across chemical, petrochemical, oil&gas and emerging energy sectors
- Flexible working arrangements that balance client, team and individual needs offering hybrid working where relevant
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion ; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business
- Competitive salary with regular salary reviews to ensure we are rewarding at the right level in line with the market
- Flexible benefits package; Free shuttle bus from Metro station to the office, company canteen, biannual free medical check-up, free company parking, extra-working accidents insurance
- Commitment to continued professional development; development plans that are tailored to your individual needs and interests
- Global connections ; join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession
Skills / Qualifications
- Coordinate the engineering disciplines and control / forecast activities and deliverables against schedule
- Coordinate and supervise Project Engineers, both in Milan and Global Execution Center (India), during the preparation of key project documents (P&Ids, line list, equipment list, Material Requisitions etc.)
- Work in coordination with HSE, procurement, subcontracting, project control, construction and estimate department, depending on the type of project (FEED vs EPC)
- Interface with Client for technical matters , a ttend technical project reviews, prepare the note of meeting and distribute / follow-up the open actions
- Prepare the erection requisition for mechanical works
- Can be assigned to construction site as Senior Field Project Engineer, to give technical assistance to construction team
Please see below the requirements that we typically seek for the position. We are not expecting candidates to have everything, and this is not an exhaustive list. If you feel you have relevant experience and qualifications even if they are not a 100% match, then please do apply. Expected:
- Educated to degree level in mechanical, chemical, energy engineering
- Proven experience in the role
- Availability to be relocated abroad.
- Self-motivation, a proactive outlook and good communication skills
- Ability to technically deal with other disciplines and to coordinate medium / large engineering teams
- Fluent in English
- Similar experiences in other major engineering companies
- Understanding of multidisciplinary engineering workflows, from basic design up to the issue for construction
- Experience in P&IDs development / mechanization / updating
- Previous experience at construction site
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.