Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Structural Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry specifically into Offshore and with brownfield project experience.
Skills / Qualifications
- Taking responsibility of one or two offshore units
- Reporting to Lead Structural Engineer
- Coordination with other disciplines, project & site team for Structural inputs, schedules and related issues
- Preparing / Checking of Calculations and MTO
- Attending inter discipline meetings, internal model reviews & model review with client.
- Monitoring and meeting the project schedules on submissions of Structural deliverables
- Ensuring all deliverables comply with quality as per WOOD / Client specifications & standards.
- Review of vendor drawings/other discipline drawings for adequacy of Structural design input requirements
- Must have exposure to design & detailing of Geophysical investigation report / recommendations for offshore portion including Bathymetric data.
- Jetty structures, berthing & mooring dolphins structures including connecting gang way, fenders and approach trestle including Offshore Piling
- Corrosion protection system for Offshore works
- Top side platforms and supporting Jacket engineering and execution for offshore platforms.
- Must have sound working experience in using Offshore fixed / floater's codes, standards and guidelines of API, NORSOK, DnV and other Certification bodies.
- Exposure to dynamic analysis, seismic Analysis, Transportation & Lifting Analysis and weight control management is added advantage.
- Preferred to have experience on constructability reviews and Model reviews.
- Must have experience in material estimation, schedule, resource planning and resource development activity. The work experience in the revamp project is an added advantage.
- Exposure to American petroleum Industry & OISD requirement for Civil & Structural works
- Exposure to Quality need of ISO 9001 & Environment need of ISO 14001 along with safety Design review of HAZID, HAZOP, F&G and IPF requirements.
- Candidate must have good health condition meeting UK offshore health certificate norms for offshore travel and may require undergoing Offshore safety trainings like BOSIET, Travel Safety by Boat and Emergency Breathing Systems (EBS)
- Engineer in Engineering Design & Detailing of Civil & Structural works of offshore/ ocean structures should be conversant with international codes and standards.
- Major experience should be from offshore works specific to upstream Oil & Gas facility design specific to Jackets & Top side facilities.
- Experience in the preparation of Concept, FEED & Detail Engineering of offshore works independently and also carrying out Checking /Review of deliverables in at least one project is essential.
- Must be well conversant in SACS. Experience in SESAM, MOSES and other Offshore analysis software's like STADD Offshore are preferable.
- Experience in advance jacket related analysis like Jacket spectral Fatigue, Seismic and Pushover analysis
- Experience in Geo technical and Pile foundations stick-up and drivability using GRL WEAP is preferable.
- Experience in modelling / model review software like E3D / PDMS / PDS / Navisworks are preferable.
- Preferred Hands-on experience on proposal estimate including man hour estimate, Cost & Quantity estimate
CEng, MICE, MIE membership is added advantage.
- Master's degree in offshore / Ocean / Marine works preferred.
- Experience in preparation of the Design calculation through excel spread sheet and MathCAD will be plus point.
- Fabrication and Installation Experience related to offshore structures after completion of home office engineering will be an added advantage.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.