Job Description for SA Software Engineer
If you are a person who love to create automation projects and good at working in collaboration, this could be your chance to make your mark in Shell Finance Operations Where You Fit In
As we transition to cleaner forms of energy, the challenge facing the energy industry in the coming decades is considerable. To support Shell's ambition around cost reduction (Competitive, affordable cost), Digitalization / Automation specialists are vital to how we deliver high-quality and cost-effective solutions to make our processes efficient and effective. You will be responsible for creating automation solutions using assigned technology.What is the role
As Smart Automation Developer, you will be developing solutions for different opportunities assigned to you to complete on time with high quality.
You will be a face of Smart Automation team for Product Owners and ensuring that requirements are met and delivered on time by following Agile methodology and documentations and all other structured processes.
Timely update on status of the projects and managing the stakeholders communications and liaise with peer group and IT for fixing any of the blockers.
You would also play role in adopting new technologies in Smart Automation and upskilling to meeting the project demands.What We Need from You?
We need someone who could think laterally as well when it comes to challenging tasks. A person with ability to understand the business requirements and adapt changes faster to produce enhanced output. Furthermore, you will have:
- A Bachelors or Masters degree, in IT, Engineering or Accounting and/or Management
- Relevant experience of 3+ years in automation projects and deep experience of digital technologies
- experience in automating projects for Finance operations
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- Directly working with stakeholders for gathering business requirements and delivery
- Proven change management skills
- Good oral and written presentation skills
- Technical skill sets: Minimum 2 strong primary skill sets in ---- Power Automate Desktop, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Bi, Excel VBA, MS Access, Sql and Alteryx
- Worked through all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) which includes gathering and analyzing business requirements, functional/technical specifications, designing, developing, testing, deploying the applications and providing production support.
- Multiple IT application related certification (excluding MS Office tools) will be added advantage
- The individual should be proactive and a creative thinker.
- Commitment to achieving challenging goals and adapting to change.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal motivation
- Significant experience working in a virtual team.