PRO Team executes global policy & reward processes requiring decision making and interpretation of policy, within defined boundaries. Nature of work involves good overview and knowledge of end to end HR policies, processes & systems. Acts as Process Focal Point / Subject Matter Expert for more complex process - understands the specifics as well as intent behind it to action work.
PRO team is supporting and partnering with wider Shell HR Community (HR Operations, HR VPs, HR Business Partners, Country HR) in the area of performance assessment cycle execution and delivery of annual pay cycle.
PRO Team cooperates closely with members of Global Policy and Reward COEs (Centres of Expertise), as well as wider HR Digital Team Members on the practical aspects of Workday implementations and opportunities for optimisation of process, policy and systems. Successful delivery of the above involves PRO Team collaborating with members of various IT Team and/or applications & systems Product Owners.Principal Accountabilities
- Contribute to workshops and projects to gather, analyse and document policy and process improvements and system requirements for enhancements to existing solutions and support resolution of production issues reported by end users.
- Provide advice on policy review, policy interpretation, process design and Workday/Shell People functionality in the area of performance management and rewards. Identify, investigate and research complex and unique issues
- Acts as an integrator and adviser between Centres of Expertise (e.g. Reward Management Team, Performance Management Policy, Country HR/Policy) and HR Operations
- Monitors data quality (for performance and compensation processes) and executes or triggers remediation of errors/issues
- Support (and coach) HR Operations with knowledge around complex performance and reward related queries
- Support the execution of system testing in Shell People, Workday (in preparation for the roll-out of WD R3a and beyond) and Performance Assessment Tool (PAT)
- Maintain and review relevant process documentation in the area of responsibility (e.g. Standard Operating Procedures, process job aids, Country Knowledge Documentation etc.)
- Supports global policy reviews by providing insights on country specific requirements, including process and system requirements/limitations; Supports change and engage activities for global policy roll-out/changes.
- Provide policy, process and system support to HR VPs and HR Business Partners during the calibration and sign-off phase of the annual performance assessment cycle. Coordinate with Product Owner and IT (DevOps) on the resolution of system issues/defects.
- Drive execution of the annual pay delivery cycle, closely cooperating with members of Reward Management Team, Country Merit Focal Points (members of Country HR) and IT Teams. Coordinate with HR Operations on the remediation of data quality issues
- Drive and implement continuous improvement initiatives to help improve the processes and ways of working.
- Collaborate with Reward Management Advisors, Reward Architects and Analysts (and other members of Digital HR Team), Performance Management Policy Lead, Performance Assessment Tool Product Owner, HR Operations, country HR, DevOps and COEs, on execution of the performance and reward global processes.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Liaising and collaborating with multiple stakeholders on different organisational levels (from EVP to HR Ops Advisor) and with different, than HR, skillset and background (e.g. IT).
- Working in high pressure environment with tight delivery deadlines (for example during Performance Assessment Tool preparation phase and throughout the whole annual pay delivery cycle)
- University degree (in HR or Business Administration an asset).
- Experience in HR policy, process & systems, complimented by a sound understanding of overall HR Processes, Systems and HR Operations and ways of working in Shell.
- Experience in HR Operations preferably with good practical understanding on how HR Policy frameworks are being operationalized on day to day basis
- General knowledge in HR Reward and Policy frameworks
- Fluency with Shell People (SAP HR) and Workday is an additional asset.
- Experience of dealing and communicating with senior stakeholders (business/HR)
- Independent working, taking initiative and bringing recommendations forward, displaying a sense of urgency in resolving issues.
- Self-driven and work with little or no supervision;
- Effective stakeholder management and influencing skills with an ability to deliver through others, without formal authority.
- Excellent team working skills; the individual should be comfortable with working virtually, across cultures and time-zones. Fluent in applying a variety of communication styles. Clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced with MS Excel, with ability to handle and analyse large volumes of information & data
- Able to present data in a concise and easy to digest format for stakeholders
- Accuracy and attention to detail in all work, such as data processing, testing, and written communication
- Learning Agility - Able to learn new processes quickly. Continuous self-development and curiosity to learn and evolve
- Proven to deliver with tight deadlines and manage own time effectively