Where you fit in
We play an important role in defining the future of energy, by building the Upstream assets that deliver material cash flows, the Downstream assets where Shell produces advanced, low-carbon products, and the Integrated Gas, Renewables and Energy Solutions assets that deliver the energy that powers lives and livelihoods.
Projects and Technology supports Shell's operated and non-operated assets, safely improving performance and raising the bar being a responsible operator. We use our technical, commercial, and digital skills to competitively optimise production and we replicate technologies across the portfolio. Projects and Technology also has a role to play making our assets top quartile on emissions intensity.What's the role?
The Infrastructure Project Managers plan, execute, and control a project or set of related projects to meet identified business requirements and deliver business value, through acquiring and utilizing the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, risk, quality, and benefits.
Projects typically include Hardware deployments such as Network upgrades (wired and wireless), telephony upgrade and replacements, and similar work. With working with our infrastructure service providers and vendors such as Resonate, Converge One, Connext etc.
You will get an opportunity to exercise your skills within Project Management, Benefits Management and Change Implementation Planning and Management. Daily, you collaborate with a range of stakeholders globally including Shell Business managers, Service providers and onshore & offshore suppliers. Your team as well as your scope is Global and remote in nature.
What we need from you?
- Plan, execute, monitor, control and execute infrastructure projects or set of related projects to meet identified business needs and deliver business value - while abiding the Shell Project Delivery Framework
- Mobilize and drive projects through a cross functional team of architects, technical folks like DBA, dependent project managers, security specialists - composed of a mixture of staff, contractors and suppliers across organizational boundaries including our third-party infrastructure providers
- Work with IT Operations and or Business Stakeholder organizations to help assess and deliver to infrastructure needs and standards - then eventually handover to the IT Operations Teams
- Engaging these stakeholders to ensure that expectations are managed and that the aims of the programme or project continue to be aligned with business needs and strategies as they evolve
- Preparing and maintaining project quality and risk plans and tracking progress against the plans, providing regular progress reports to the Customer and steering groups as appropriate
- Create and validate financial forecasts and provide ongoing reconciliation of resources and expenditures
- Managing a change control process in relation to the project/programme, gain agreement for revisions to the scope from project sponsors, and ensure projects continue to meet business objectives
- Evaluating and making recommendations/decisions on technical options as appropriate
- Apply Shell project management and IT control/Assurance methodologies, standards and processes including architecture, information risk management, and transition to support
- Providing effective leadership to assigned project staff ensuring compliance with project standards, processes, and controls
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Minimum eight (8) years in the IT industry out of which 4 years in Project management & Business change management
- Master's Degree is a must
- Should have a successful delivery track record of medium/large sized infrastructure projects, managed through to completion (full lifecycle experience)
- Through effective team leadership, planning, controlling and formally reviewing IT projects, you will have achieved results, including managing multiple projects through to delivery
- Should understand the interdependencies of business processes and information systems
- Must have an excellent understanding of IT infrastructure aspects such as telecoms, connectivity, networking and Servers and Storage configurations, sizing, Cloud Infrastructure, Virtualization aspects and have an ability to understand and breakdown project into sizeable executable work elements
- Must have executed more than one projects both using Waterfall and Agile (Scrum) methodology
- Must be able to work towards relevant PM qualifications, PMI, ITIL, IPMA, Prince2
- Must be able to document and provide roadmaps/design documents as required
- Must be able to present ideas clearly to a wide range of audiences
- Must be able to collaborate well in a (Global/remote) team environment, sensitive to client's needs
- Sound understanding of the costs of IT (project and "lifetime") and the ability to cost operational IT services
- Must participated in one or more On-Premises to Cloud migration projects
- Must have a reasonable understanding of Identity & Access Management, Application Servers, Database Servers, Client-Side scripting
- Exposure and understanding of DevOps would be an added advantage
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things. An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potentials.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.