Rig Operations EngineerPetroplan Featured Employer
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Rig Operations Engineer
Petroplan are supporting a national operating company to recruit the position of Rig Operations Engineer which is a key support role within the Rig Operations department to operational and maintenance support to a jack-up drilling rig.
1. Assist in maintaining rig certification, both class and flag related, and structural inspection portfolio in accordance with regulatory and certifying requirements.
2. Prepare scope of work for projects, including major maintenance and shipyard projects, and oversee planning, classification society review, construction, and installation.
3. Review tubular and rig equipment inspection reports and provide recommendations to Management.
4. Prepare rig move programmes.
5. Liaise with 3rd party service companies, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and in-house support resources on special projects and reports on maintenance investigations related to Major Incidents and Deficiency reports.
6. Monitor rig's operational performance through regular quality benchmarking and liaise with the Head of Rig / Well Operations and Support Base, the Drilling Superintendent and the Well Engineering and Service Quality Manager on continuous improvement initiatives.
7. Support and assist the Offshore Installation Manager and rig team leads with the implementation, management and improvements of the Preventative Maintenance Programme.
8. Ensure all equipment failure reports are completed and forwarded to Well Engineering and Service Quality Manager.
9. Coordinate the repair and return of equipment sent to the shore base for inspection and/or repair.
10. Assist with warehouse inventory management.
11. Assist with the budget preparation and cost management of the rig.
12. Assist with the preparation of quotes for projects and repairs.
13. Participate as required in incident investigations.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Job Related Competencies
BSc or MSc in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Marine or Petroleum Engineering.
- Minimum of three (3) years international in a similar position gained with a reputable offshore drilling contractor.
- Sound knowledge of jack-up drilling rig equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written command of the English language.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organised.
- High attention to detail.
- High level of computer literacy; proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word) and Oracle
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.