Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an Intern for Electrical Engineering
department in our Madrid office.
Wood is looking for students interested in accessing the professional world through external academic internships and offers the possibility to put into practice and expand the knowledge acquired during their academic career.
Students will get the opportunity to enter in the upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas industry as we look to develop your background in conceptual engineering studies, pre-FEED, FEED, EPC and PMC projects.
The role is offered to fit in with study timetables and course obligations.
The selected candidate(s) will cooperate assisting and directly performing - under the mentorship of senior colleagues - specific tasks as follows:
Skills / Qualifications
- Develop specification and prepare material requisitions for electrical materials, checking of vendor documentation
- Create and keep data base for consumer loads, cables
- Supervise the day to day engineering interfaces between electrical engineering group the engineering teams assigned to the project - includes interaction with all other specialist disciplines as required
- Participate in design reviews and engineering changes with customer as necessitated by design development and ensure core team are made aware of these
- Participate in key customer reviews and meetings as required
- Participate in project reviews, value engineering and value improvement workshops with customer
- Input engineering procedures and work practices in conjunction with Core Electrical Lead as appropriate
- Last academic year or master's degree in Electrical Engineering or similar Degree
- Spanish language at native level
- Excellent command of English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Academic situation that allows signing an agreement with a university or training center
- Availability in the morning (daily dedication depending on the academic situation)
- Able to manage own time and ability to prioritise at busy times
- Creative and practical
- Adaptable and persevering
- Interested in pursuing a career in Engineering within the Oil and Gas Industry
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary team environments
- Good communication skills
- Available immediately
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.