Role: Senior Planning Engineer
Senior Planning Engineer
Qualifications: minimum Degree level qualification
Experience: Minimum 10 years' recent FEED, EPC / EPCm experience in the oil & gas sector in a similar role. Must have recent experience of leading planning delivery on brownfield projects.
- Reports to the Project Controls Manager.
- Manages and leads all activities related to project planning and accountable for managing the overall Master Control Schedule, collation and reporting of progress against this Control Schedule.
- Setup and manage the project Master Control Schedule and facilitate the operation of the project planning and progress measurement systems.
- Ensures planning and progress measurement procedures for contractors and vendors conform to Project requirements and are effectively applied.
- Ensures that the detailed planning of the various phases of the work is in accordance with the project strategy and milestones to achieve the overall project plan.
- Calculate and report project schedule performance metrics and generate S-Curves and other tables and charts as required.
- Responsibilities typically include:
- Project controls: reporting, forecasting and cost control.
- Look ahead reports of tasks to be performed in the 3 - 6 weeks
- Identification of Risks in schedules and mitigation actions
- Identification of Opportunities in the schedule.
- Responsible for timely issue of project control deliverables and progress reports.
- Provide relevant reports to project management to ensure the Project Manager has all the tools required to make the right decisions driving on time and on budget project execution.
- Interact with the customer to provide update on schedule as well as explain the current situation / challenges / opportunities.
- Implementation of the integrated project planning initiative: the planner will adhere to the approved processes and proactively drive implementation of new initiatives leading to fully integrated planning.
- Provide leadership to planning engineers, schedulers and cost engineers to plan, monitor, and control the execution of the project within the time and budget parameters, optimising resource utilisation.
- Capable of performing duties with no direct supervision and within agreed schedules and budgets.
- Support the Project Controls Manager and Project Management Team in planning and identifying issues that could limit progress or impact project budgets.
- Corporate reporting line is to the Project Controls and Business Director.
- Understands the project deliverables, milestones and required tasks and targets through the project progress measurement system.
- Support project management team in initiating and preparing time and cost related variations and claims.
- Monitor progress against schedules and expedite updating data required from the discipline groups.
- Prepare and maintain client and management progress curves and look ahead reports for the project in line with the required reporting levels and requirements of the contract.
- Evaluate discipline change notices, determine schedule impact of all affected areas.
- Support the materials control group in developing and maintaining a requisition tracking system.
- Ensure timely project reporting to an appropriate level of detail which gives early warning of adverse performance trends.
- Capable of using initiative, knowledge and experience to recognise, highlight and address opportunities and threats as and when they emerge.
- Perform related duties as and when instructed by direct supervisor.
THIS ROLE IS OPEN TO UK BASED CANDIDATES WITH FULL WORK RIGHTS
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!