Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting a Fabrication Coordinator to join our team in Brunei on the BSP Facilities Rejuvenation Project.
The Fabrication Coordinator will report to the Services lead/Manager and will work with user departments including PMT, Fabricators and the Supply Chain function to coordinate all fabrication activities from the issue of enquiry packages through placement of fabrication work orders, receipt, storage, preservation and the shipping of fabrications to worksites. This is an end to end rejuvenation scope and as such, will involve interfacing with other disciplines like, planning, construction, procurement, HVEC and client operations.
You will be expected to work in a multidiscipline team environment where the overall success of the project is paramount. Amec FW is looking at a right first - time approach and as such, we are looking for candidates who can rise to the challenge and are interested in being part of an innovative and driven team.
The candidate will be:
- Responsible for the development of the overall BSP rejuvenation fabrication plan and schedule and the management thereof.
- Responsible for managing fabrication interfaces between engineering, construction, supply chain, material handling and campaign management teams.
- Responsible for the timely delivery of fabrication work scopes as per plan and updating of status on a daily basis.
- Responsible for highlighting potential blockers that will prevent the fabrication targets being achieved and suggesting enablers.
- Implements Wood safety program and ensure safe working conditions.
- Coordination of all fabrication activities from the issue of enquiry packages through placement of fabrication work orders, creation of fabrication requisitions to the shipping of fabricated materials to worksites including:
- Preparation of fabrication work packages in consultation with discipline and work pack engineers ensuring all documentation, drawings, welding procedures, inspection and testing plans, painting specifications etc are available and provided.
- Raise fabrication requisitions and support the supply chain processes on the selection, review, and approval of fabrication contractors
- Liaise closely with supply chain materials group to ensure fabrication materials are delivered to the appointed fabricator in line with the required / planned dates.
- Responsible for the management of the fabrication sub - contractor activities.
- Directly responsible for the handling, tracking and preservation of fabricated items.
Skills / Qualifications Preference will be given to Bruneian citizens or Brunei permanent residents
- Maintain fabrication registers / tackers and ensure status reports on all fabrication work orders are issued to the construction and project engineering planner groups in line with requirements.
- Attend weekly internal and client meetings and present progress / issues / new ways of working.
- Drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure delivery of each fabrication to budget and schedule, ensuring changes are managed and suitably approved by the engineering manager prior to implementation.
- Ensure that all fabrication activities are carried out under the approved project safety and quality standards.
- Implementation of Flawless Project Delivery activities and remedial actions.
- Shall maintain a constant dialogue with other Project Engineers, Construction Engineers, and the RO Team Lead to ensure project priorities are maintained.
- Provide HSE Leadership at the highest level and assurance that safety, environmental and technical standards are met and satisfied, both in a verifiable and ethically appropriate manner.
- Attend and monitor the fbricators regularly to ensure engagement is kept.
- As a minimum he shall have 6+ years' experience of fabrication work and have acquired a sound working knowledge of fabrication and construction engineering in the oil and gas industry.
- Have good man - management skills and as a minimum he/she shall have held a position in fabrication engineering for 4 years in a similar environment.
- Preferably he/she should hold an HND, or an equivalent construction qualification with experience in the Oil and Gas Industry in positions related to fabrication
- Good working knowledge of material management systems, process controls, warehousing and logistics within the oil and gas industry
- In addition, the incumbent shall be familiar with the requirements for the HSSE aspects, Quality Assurance and Control requirements in relation to the project cycle
- Proficient in the use of standard desk top software, data compilation and manipulation and competent in maintaining and updating project reports accordingly
- Good knowledge of legislative requirements for onshore and offshore fabrications management
- Proven ability to work to demanding project schedules
- Possess good Interpersonal, coordination and communication skills
- Ability to influence and motivate people to perform
- Exhibit good data analysis and problem - solving skills
- Working knowledge on computerized support systems
- Ability to work well under pressure and deliver quality results on time
- IT Literate in all major software packages (Word / Excel / PowerPoint etc.)
- Ability to compile accurate data and produce detailed management reports
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.