IRC222097 - LIFTING ENGINEER
, we are looking for a Lifting Engineer
in Basra, Iraq.
You will be responsible for providing assistance and supporting to all stakeholders for the definition of any aspect related to the lifting process. Acting as the competence centre for the definition of guidelines and instructions for the operation and control of the lifting activities. Performing their duties in strict connection with the Lifting Teams and in coordination with all the other departments involved in the lifting process (e.g., HSE, QA/QC, Maintenance, and Procurement). Supporting the overall process, from the definition of the correct Lift Plan to the monitoring and feedback on the lifting activities. As a member of Logistics Team at ZFOD you will be responsible for
- Participating in the preparation of the EIBV/ZFOD Lifting Management System to comply with both local regulatory requirements and Lifting & Hoisting Manual (LOGIS-DG-2609-0-2016) guidelines
- Providing technical advice on matters pertaining to lifting operations deviations or non-compliances
- Providing support to Maintenance Teams as necessary in the detail and execution of preventative and corrective maintenance activities on all lifting equipment
- Fully conversant with the inspection of lifting equipment and concept of discard criteria
- Always adopting safe working practices with regards to lifting operations and in accordance with statutory and Company operating procedures
- Providing support as required to the Lifting and HSE teams in determining the lift categorisation, planning process and the preparation of risk assessments.
- Studying in detail the load to be lifted and determine its' weight and Centre of Gravity.
- Designing and calculating suitable lifting points and lifting lugs/eyes.
- Determine weight of the load (including impact loads during lifting).
- Proposing suitable crane(s) and Lifting equipment for the lifting operation.
- Determine the potential Hazards and its associated Risks that may arise during the lifting operation.
- Supporting the Inspection and Maintenance team for the assessment of the structural integrity of lifting equipment
- Providing technical support for the selection and qualification of Lifting Operation Contractors/Sub-contractors
- Developing and maintaining networks and relationships with key peers and colleagues in other GUs for the purposes of adopting and promoting best practice within Eni, sharing information and ideas whilst keeping abreast of new initiatives and technologies within the Lifting Technical Authority discipline
- Ensuring all relevant lifting equipment performance, certification and condition data are recorded accurately for input into the Company's data recording system
- Defining standards for and participate in the monitoring and assessment of lifting operations
- Contributing to conjunction with HSE Dept. to the Site's safety effectiveness through recommending improvements in procedures and work practices. Promote a continuous improvement culture within the team
- Adhere to the Company's Health, Safety & Environment policies, procedures, and standards
Fully comply with Eni Code of Ethics and Law 231 principles This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements
- In depth knowledge of International and Local Lifting Regulations and Standards
- experience in the Oil and Gas industry, refining or petrochemical industry with
- experience of heavy equipment, preferably including a substantial period of direct engineering support to operational personnel
- A combination of hands-on and technical experience in the design, operation and maintenance of lifting equipment in Offshore and Onshore environment.
- Skilled in the application of the legal and Company requirements relevant to the planning and execution of lifting operations
Basra, Iraq Work Pattern:
At Eni, people are the key to our success
, which is why our values are focused on diversity, and lifelong learning
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates' personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process . Together we have greater energy.