Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for experienced Lease Operators.
The Production Oilfield Lease Operator will be responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of oil and gas wells, equipment, and facilities in a designated production area. They will ensure that all equipment and facilities are operating safely and efficiently, monitor production rates, and perform routine maintenance and repairs as needed. This is a full-time position that may require working weekends, holidays, and overtime. The Production Oilfield Lease Operator will report to the Production Manager and will be based at an oil and gas production site. Location:
Karnes City/Tilden, TX; no man camp/Candidates should live within a 60 mile radius Schedule
: 7x7 Rotation - 40hrs straight/40hrs overtime
Other : Company Truck + Fuel Card, Full Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K+ Company Match and more; All offers of employment subject to passing of drug & alcohol screening
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Skills / Qualifications
- Prepares for and performs maintenance, taking readings, doing rounds, issuing work permits, following procedures, initiating work requests, writing procedures, and interfacing with support groups.
- Pro-actively monitors well and equipment performance, take appropriate action to maximize production.
- Works with support groups to optimize chemical pump rates based on production data (corrosion, paraffin, soap injection, etc.).
- Operate and optimize Artificial Lift Systems such as: wellhead compression, capillary strings, foamed injection, gas lifts and flow case equipment
- Facility and wellhead experience
- Conduct daily inspections of oil and gas wells, tanks, and pipelines to ensure safe and efficient operation
- Monitor production rates and make necessary adjustments to optimize production
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and facilities, including replacing parts and repairing leaks
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment issues, and make necessary repairs or coordinate with maintenance personnel to resolve issues
- Ensure compliance with all safety and environmental regulations, policies, and procedures
- Maintain accurate records of production and maintenance activities
- Work collaboratively with other operators, engineers, and production personnel to ensure smooth and efficient production operations
- 3+ years direct experience with oil and gas production practices, equipment and terminology
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents, such as schematics and diagrams
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to work in a physically demanding and sometimes hazardous environment
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.