Construction Manager IIINES Fircroft Featured Employer
Rockford, Illinois, United States
****CANDIDATES NEED TO BE LOCAL TO ROCKFORD, IL****
Position Title: Construction Manager (Plant Construction)
Number of open positions: 1
Pay Rate: $65-75 /Hr
Start Date: July 15
Assignment Length: 1 year
Estimated hours per week: 50
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday ; 7 am to 5 pm
Temp to Hire (Y/N): No
*Will they work remotely initially or start onsite on day one? Onsite
****CANDIDATES NEED TO BE LOCAL TO ROCKFORD, IL****This position is NOT in WI***
- Primary representative On-Site, Reports to Project Manager
- Ensure that Environmental, Health and Safety practices are routinely complied with by all parties on site at all times.
- Require All Site Visitors to sign-In. Provide site safety briefing to site visitors.
- Review and Approve Safe Work Permits
- Attend Contractor Daily Tool Box Meetings
- Hold a Plan of the Day Production Meeting Daily, Coordinate site activities with Prime Contractor's Site Superintendent.
- Update Production Schedule Daily
- Ensure site cleanliness as well as proper equipment and material staging and storage.
- Accept and verify receipt of Air Liquide purchased materials, retain and maintain a file of packing lists, certifications and Proof of Delivery (POD) documentation
- Authorize contractor overtime requests with Project Manager approval
- Maintain a set of Master Drawings, including Master Piping and Instrumentation Drawing (P&ID) including red line changes.
- Ensure quality workmanship and quality inspections are conducted. Retain and maintain a file of test and inspection reports.
- Conduct Pre-Start up inspections and maintain Pre-Start-up Checklists
- Maintain a Daily Journal of Project Activities
- Provide Weekly Report
- Interact with Landfill Manager and coordinate activities affecting Landfill operations
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Working knowledge of Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Construction, including utilities (pipeline experience a plus)
- 10 years of industrial plant greenfield construction supervisory experience required. Oil and Gas experience a plus.
- Basic Computer Skills - Word Processing, and Spreadsheets, MS Project
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Familiar with reading engineered drawings
- Familiar with Construction Contract Administration
- Familiar with Construction Safety Practices and OSHA regulations (Air Liquide Life Critical Safety Training and Certification will be provided).
- Current 30 Hour OSHA Training
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.