Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Quality Engineer (QE) is responsible for the development and implementation of quality plans to drive successful completion of project orders. This position is responsible for working with suppliers and manufacturing to ensure quality certifications/licenses/etc are met per the project orders. In addition to striving for implementation of non-conformances (NCRs), cost of quality (COQ) and improvement and reduction of NCRs and COQ while standardizing quality best practices across the Weatherford Global PMO footprint.
A successful candidate will collaborate closely with Project Managers, Planning, Buyers, Suppliers, Quality, Product Lines, R&M, Manufacturing, Engineering and his/her supervisor on a regular basis as well as present to internal teams plans and updates.
Duties & Responsibilities
SAFETY & COMPLIANCE
- Follows all safety and compliance procedures; maintains compliance and safety as first priorities when working across all areas of the business
- In case of concerns with safety, quality non-conformances, or integrity concerns, exercises 'Stop Work Authority' to suspend operations
- Maintains the highest standards of corporate governance, ensuring that all activities are carried out ethically and in compliance with company policies, relevant laws, regulations, standards and industry practices in the applicable country
- Ensure controls are in place to guarantee compliance with government regulations in relation to quality
- Develop and standardize procedures, quality control plans, sampling plans, inspection test plans, work instructions, and quality template/forms for the Project Management Organization.
- Implement strategic techniques to mitigate potential project risks to quality.
- Assist the development and implementation of Quality Improvement Plans to drive the PMO toward Zero Defects and Zero Quality Escapes as well as reduction of Cost of Quality (COQ)
- Collect, analyse and summarize quality performance data, apply statistical tools and reports to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Apply techniques and tools to improve the output quality of processes by identifying and removing the causes of defects and minimizing variability in project related processes.
- Identify, document, communicate and standardize best practices to reduce defects.
- Implement systematic approach to NCR performance management, tracking, trending and reporting for project management.
- Identify technical competencies required by different manufacturing trades to build products per Engineering technical documentation.
- Assist in the implementation of quality related systems, process and tools.
- Interpret Design Engineering data (including blueprints, Bills of Material, specifications), and customer requirements and ensure information is communicated effectively to the suppliers (internal and external)
- Develop positive relationships and work closely with Suppliers, Engineering, Manufacturing, R&M, product line and shop floor personnel to manage and implement changes related to quality improvements for project management.
- Identify and report any quality concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
- Interacts with both internal and external customers with regards to project quality.
- Interacts closely with the project team to drive toward Zero Defects and Zero Quality Escapes.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in Quality Engineering in an industrial related business
- 5+ years demonstrated experience with quality related project management tools to include Gantt Charts, Microsoft Project,Risk Management, Resource Planning, etc
- Root Cause Analysis Incident Investigation Training
- Lean & Six Sigma Training
- 5+ years of Quality Engineer or Engineering experience
- PMP Certification
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings, technical notes, procedures and specifications
- Demonstrated skills related to problem-solving, decision-making, judgment, leadership, root-cause analyses, and team collaboration to lead and influence others to drive change
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Demonstrated report-writing skills
- Strong communication and facilitation skills between functions - verbal and written
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 10-25% of time
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to evoke critical thinking
- Weatherford enterprise and management systems knowledge
- Document management and control experience
- Experience using JDE
- Experience working in a matrixed organization