Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course. We are focused on providing a challenging and enriching career path with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course. We are an innovative, global company with wide-ranging opportunities that include career-enhancing talent rotations. Our structured career paths will ensure that you know what it takes to build your ideal career at Weatherford when you join our Company. We also offer a comprehensive benefits program, including health insurance coverage, income protection plans, a 401(k) savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off for vacation.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Project Planner is responsible for efficiently and effectively planning, monitoring, and executing a select few projects. Working closely with cross-functional teams, the Project Planner ensures that all project requirements are being met and that project timelines are being adhered to. The Project Planner has purchasing and letter of intent authority and is responsible for ensuring procurement of necessary resources, contract negotiations, and managing relationships with vendors. Additionally, the Project Planner is expected to do on-location expediting with suppliers as needs arise to ensure delivery of materials and services on time and to the required quality standards. Identifying and resolving issues that may arise during a project is a key responsibility of the Project Planner. Collaboration with teams and stakeholders, managing project timelines, and identifying potential roadblocks early on are essential in ensuring successful project delivery.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor's degree in a business, engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years' Project Controls procurement experience
- Proficient in project cost control and analysis with demonstrable experience in project planning and scheduling
- Direct experience and depth of knowledge and in Project Planning, Execution, Monitoring and Control concepts as well as strong Project Management skills
- 5 years' experience with a proven track record of delivering in planning and execution of product operations
- 5+ years of JD Edwards in a procurement capacity
- Certification by Project Management Institute or AACE desired
- Experience in Oil & Gas
- Product Line product knowledge including all Quality Certification pertaining to that Product Family i.e., API RP 14, 16, 92 and Spec 7
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High level of expertise in Microsoft Office products and MS Project
- Competent in the use of computer software applications used for project control and administration, including Microsoft Suite Strong understanding of project procurement: AFE, purchase request, delivery, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with internal & external stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Capable of working with minimal supervision or direction
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks in a high energy environment
- Requires excellent verbal, technical writing, project management, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently in a self-directed manner, and to work collaboratively in a team-focused atmosphere
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Project, Excel, and ERP systems
- Strong aptitude in the financial and cost areas related to project cost controls including a solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
This role may require domestic and international travel of up to: 10-25%
Roles & Responsibilities
- Act as the key resource and single point of contact to the project team for project procurement.
- Expedite and follow up with suppliers and vendors as necessity dictates by the project plan.
- Implement strategic techniques to mitigate potential project risks and promote maximum productivity by conducting regular meetings to monitor the project's progress
- Compile and analyze project execution metrics
- Oversee output from engineering, procurement, fulfilment execution, and commissioning teams as a client advocate
- Utilize basic engineering fundamentals and practices to track and budget progress with project milestones
- Track and maintain visibility of procurement activity required on project work scopes
- Monitor project execution to achieve maximum effectiveness for international and domestic projects
- Plan, oversee and document all aspects of assigned projects. Define scope, develop project plan, coordinate efforts and activities among team members and related parties. Plan, schedule, and lead meetings/calls. Manage all documents, record keeping, and change control.
- Enable the workforce to solve critical problems through collaborative thought processes
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions
SAFETY, SECURITY & COMPLIANCE
- Maintains the highest standards of corporate governance, ensuring that all activities are carried out ethically and in compliance with Company's Security, Compliance & HSE policies, Management System, relevant laws, regulations, standards, and industry practices and complies with the Company's Rules to Live By
- Places Quality, Health & Safety, Security, and protection of the Environment as core values while never intentionally placing employees, our processes, customers, or the communities in which we live and work at risk
- Seeks continual improvement in Health, Safety, Security & protection of the Environment, taking into account responsible care, process vulnerabilities, public, customer and employee inputs, knowledge and technology and best business practices to exceed customer expectations
- Responsible for being familiar with the Company's Quality policies and takes an active role in the compliance and improvement of Weatherford's Management System
- Maintains service quality as immediate priorities when working across all areas of the business and continually seeks areas for improvement
- Responsible to ensure QMS is followed in accordance with product requirements through API including independent third-party witness
- Works with Quality Leads to maintain and execute project quality plans and ensure adherence
- Maintain a procurement plan detailing the status of all items being sourced for the project.
- Communicate the Maintains effective communications with all key stakeholders both internal and where appropriate external
- Serve as project representative with contractors, and vendors during project reviews, meetings, and correspondences.
- Clearly communicate project expectations, roles, and responsibilities to execution teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and secure necessary approvals for all changes in project scope, budget and/or scheduling
- Collaborate with management to identify and implement continual improvement objectives for effective delivery
- All employees have an accountability to the organisation to be financially responsible whether they are in charge of a function budget or simply their own expenses
- Costs incurred should be within approved budget, processed within agreed time frames & following the relevant financial policy and procedure
- Track and maintain visibility of project financial performance and assist key stakeholders in making decisions to deliver projects on time and budget
PEOPLE & DEVELOPMENT
- Employees have a responsibility for developing their own careers within the Company including completing all necessary function, compliance & business standards training to enhance their knowledge, skills, and experience
- Employees should engage on a regular basis with their line manager to discuss their personal performance, objectives, and opportunities to enhance their skills and experience to support their career potential
- Provide ongoing training and mentoring to execution team members to promote employee development
VISION & LEADERSHIP
Demonstrates leadership, ethical behaviour, and adherence to Weatherford standards at all times