Project Engineer Company Overview
As the demand for energy increases so does our need for motivated, talented people to meet the engineering and technical challenges of today's business. OneSubsea®, as part of the global SLB business, have numerous career opportunities that will let you prove your abilities from your first day and throughout your career.
SLB is the world's leading supplier of technology, integrated project management and information solutions to customers working in the energy industry worldwide. Within SLB, the OneSubsea group provides a complete range of flow control equipment and services for offshore drilling rig systems including subsea production, measurement and processing systems.
OneSubsea delivers integrated solutions, products, systems, and services for our subsea market. The company offers a step change in reservoir recovery for the subsea industry through integration and optimization of the entire production system over the life of the field. OneSubsea leverages its flow control expertise, process technologies and world-class manufacturing and life of field capabilities, along with Schlumberger's petro-technical leadership, reservoir and production technology, and R&D capabilities.
OneSubsea's unique Pore to Process™ approach helps provide end-to-end solutions from reservoir to surface, that address client challenges with the goal of optimizing production and increasing recovery. OneSubsea currently has more than 6,000 employees in over 23 countries.
We currently have multiple exciting opportunities for Lead Project Engineers to join our Tree Group team in Leeds at all experience levels.
You will be expected to deliver technical information and instructions within a planned schedule. Provide advice to customers, other operations and departments across the OneSubsea business on design, problems and solutions.
Responsibilities of the Project Engineer Roles are:
Minimum Job Qualifications Minimum Job Qualifications
- Lead the Project engineering execution activities for Tree projects ranging in size & complexity.
- Lead and oversee work of junior engineers to ensure quality of deliverables as well as on time delivery.
- Create and maintain product documentation (requirements, specification, design, development, integration, test procedures and results) following company procedures.
- To engage in product development work within the OneSubsea Standard Tree portfolio.
- Discuss the customer's requirements and identify OneSubsea products which meet these.
- Give technical advice on the application and proper use of OneSubsea products
- Adhere to the processes stipulated in the Engineering Procedures (EPs) and the Business Process Management system (BPM).
- To ensure all work is undertaken in a safe manner in line with company health and safety guidelines.
- To reflect and promote SLB "blue print" of Commitment, Integrity, Teamwork and Drive.
- Maintain familiarity with Company technology, organisation, and business. Understand and provide technical solutions according to OneSubsea strategy.
Ideally, applicants will have the following experience/skills:
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to analyse and solve complex technical problems to provide cost effective design solutions.
- Previous Tree Product experience advantageous but not mandatory.
- Degree in Engineering.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven track record working to and achieving deadlines.
- Have an adaptable / flexible approach including willingness to travel internationally to support Customer and Plant meetings where necessary.
- Conversant in Inventor and AutoCAD.
- Proficient in Optimus and Microsoft Office products