Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Engineer (Iraqi local nationals only) ,with extensive experience in the oil and gas industry. we can only consider applications from local Iraqi nationals residing in Basra and surrounding areas. The position with rotation work bais 28 /28 days .
Skills / Qualifications
- Coordinate the preparation of construction work packs for onshore procurement, fabrication, and offshore construction activities in line with rejuvenation campaign schedule requirements.
- Schedule the preparation of job cards, construction drawings and documentation, materials requisitioning by liaising with engineering, operations, and support services as required.
- Review design engineers' output for completeness and clarity of intent, liaise with discipline engineers / TAs for the development of work orders / packs, major / minor plant changes and repairs.
- Maintain an overview of the campaign workpack status in the associated WMS systems and provide progress updates to the integrated planning engineer.
- Responsible for the accuracy of job card estimations and obtaining agreement on additional norms requirements.
- Support the development of construction aids and lifting designs, sketches and establish all multi - discipline data required to complete the work.
- Support the adoption of a fit - for - purpose approach and seek design approval to ensure design intent is achieved.
- Plan and manage resources to meet maintenance, BGC and project workpack development as per campaign and project schedules.
- Take ownership of campaign BGC & work packing plans, closely tracking daily progress and preparing in advance recovery plans for any delays.
- Monitor and highlight in good time any constraints in workpack development, propose and recommend solutions.
- Ensure Health & Safety Responsibilities are adhered to and understood, and review Task Risk Assessments and ISSOW PTWs for all workpack scope.
- Establish a relationship and liaise with operations focal points to ensure execution methodology is understood and aligned with operating codes.
- Liaise with the BGC / Workpack Team Leader to agree schedule for issue of workpack deliverables.
- Recognized degree or equivalent experience or qualification in a relevant branch of engineering and a member of an internationally recognized professional Institution.
- Minimum 7 years' practical experience in oil and gas related design, construction, and implementation work in major projects.
- At least 2 years spent in project management / general office management with responsibility for multi discipline teams working on offshore and onshore oil and gas projects.
- Have comprehensive experience of multi - discipline interfaces and have the interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non - technical staff.
- A sound technical background and demonstrated ability to coordinate multi - discipline construction preparation tasks, in the design or construction phases of a campaign.
- Good understanding of construction methods, combined with an ability to fit design to deliverable and must understand inter - discipline relationships
- Conversant with relevant international standards and Codes or Practice and their application to design, procurement and construction activities, dependent on project work scope
- Sound knowledge of design engineering in relation to the project cycle including relevant industry codes and standards, and the HSSE aspects of oil and gas design / construction
- Capable of working under pressure whilst maintaining the ability to plan, coordinate, motivate and direct staff
- Good rejuvenation and brownfield project experience. Experienced in corrective maintenance & modifications execution
- Managed resources in an EPC environment with marine support management interfaces
- Working knowledge of Shell's DEPs and SAP CMMS system
- Demonstrated ability to manage, interface and communicate well at all levels
- Proven track record of building teams with different backgrounds and value diverse thinking
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.