We are currently looking for a Lead Electrical Designer based in Den Haag, Netherlands for a 12-month contract. The ideal candidate will be able to lead and supervise, design and drafting activities for greenfield and brownfield projects for one of our clients.
To be able to work independently on the project with minimal supervision. The candidate must be willing to visit site, prepare and develop electrical design in SELECT, DEFINE and EXECUTE phase of the projects with quality, clarity, and consistency.
- Manage a team of Designers and Drafters.
- Previous experience in greenfield and brownfield projects and to be capable to handle multiple projects.
- Communicate and liaise with multiple internal and external stake holders such as Client, Vendors, Project teams etc.
- Coordinate and interface within own discipline, workshare / support offices and with other disciplines.
- Identify changes to scope and promptly raise change notification.
- Ensure consistency for all drawings and conduct thorough checks to ensure correctness of the technical content and the quality of the engineering drawings.
- Attend project meetings, scrums etc.
- Prepare sketches and markups as required to provide input to the drafting team.
- Prepare and check design deliverables such as Block Diagram, Electrical Equipment Room Lay-outs, Cable Tray / Trench Lay-outs, earthing layouts, typical installation details etc.
- Develop clash free design.
- Review 3D model and participate in the 3D Model review sessions with the client / project team.
- Review other discipline drawings such as Plot plans, General Arrangement (GA) drawings, civil drawings, instrument drawings etc.
- Issue engineering drawings and layouts for Inter-Discipline Checks (IDC's).
- Knowledge of single line diagram, connection diagram, schematics etc.
- Assist Engineers in vendor document review, input to MTO and other design activities.
- Coordinate with construction team to resolve site queries, clarification etc.
- Check As Built drawings and issue As Built package to the client.
Competencies / Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to Meet Schedules and deadlines.
- Follows directives and laid instructions.
- Planning and monitoring.
- Well versed in the use of Microsoft office, AUTOCAD, Navisworks, E3D, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of Safety and Quality Procedures.
- Knowledge of Shell DEP's and international Standards and code i.e. IEC, ISA and ISO codes.
Essential Qualifications and Education:
- High School graduate with a diploma in Electrical Design, or Drafting in a related discipline or equivalent experience
- 12 to 15 years min with major contractor or consultant in oil and gas.
- Candidates should be located in Europe
- Preferably Dutch / English Speaking
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!