Where you fit in
Maintenance Reliability Turnaround (MRTA) activities are focused on maximizing availability of our assets at optimal cost, with no harm to people or the environment, while safeguarding Technical Integrity. The incumbent will be under the leadership of the Planning & Scheduling Manager , responsible for delivering an integrated schedule that fosters safe, reliable area operations.What's the role?
As Turnaround Scheduler, you will be the expert in using Primavera and CMMS (Maximo) which aligns to our asset priorities and within our overall asset constraints. TAR (turnaround) responsibilities, entering and maintaining the detailed job plan data, (job steps, logic, resources, etc.) into Primavera and to develop the TAR Master Schedule. All operations for Upstream - big and small, across al areas of the business. Maintenance and ops
You can look forward to a role that will:
What we need from you
- Use Primavera to optimize schedules to minimize risk and maximize value to reflect upstream priorities and business objectives. Drive consistency of Primavera usage in QGC.
- Identify and drive resolution of cross-functional conflicts and ensure request priorities and asset criticalities are reviewed and scheduled accordingly.
- Provide scheduling expertise and facilitate smooth and safe execution for Production teams and turnarounds.
- Use a systematic approach to solve any problems they may confront during scheduling of maintenance activities and TAR.
- As there will always be decisions that need to be acted on, you should possess good decision-making skills to help in issues such as risk management, Asset integrity, SCE compliance, and others. You will need to be able to think quickly and react decisively to help define the maintenance activities and TAR outcomes.
- Prioritize schedule scope in accordance with Work Management Guidelines (Safety Critical Elements, Constrained Activity Plans, Corrective Maintenance, and Planned Maintenance etc.)
- Prepare key inputs and expedite scheduling actions from Weekly Scheduling meeting. Recommendation on schedule approval, agree on training materials relating to planning and scheduling processes and tools.
- Ensure resource loading and availability are adequately set to accommodate emergent work
- Identify functional activities that bring risk to delivery of the Schedule. Manage the inclusion of emergent work into the Schedule. Ensure that all activities have been checked against schedule gate readiness criteria.
- Communicate the agreed Schedules to all functions and area personnel, managing stakeholder where required. Coordinate all planned activities with non-maintenance planning teams to deliver integrated all work schedules.
- Ensure that Scheduling processes are consistent with the Global Integrated Activity Planning and Scheduling (IAPS) and Asset Management Systems (AMS) processes
- Deliver schedules for all maintenance events which have a significant production impact or risk. Ensure the schedule has clearly identified critical paths for each event.
- Review schedule KPI performance with area leaders and others.
We are keen to speak to professionals with the following:
- Superior computer literacy and mastery of a suite of packages including Microsoft Project and Primavera (required), Office, Excel, Maximo/SAP.
- Qualifications in maintenance or planning desirable
- A technical professional who demonstrates extensive experience in all facets of maintenance, planning, and scheduling activities
- Demonstrated experience in administering maintenance management/work management systems, stakeholder engagement and able to influence and manage upwards
- Demonstrated experience in developing and analyzing reports, and associated reporting systems
- Awareness of environmental health and safety legislation and Australian Standards as applicable to the operation and maintenance of upstream operation facilities
- Demonstrated competency to provide a high standard of services to internal customers
- Ability to use initiative and find solutions to complex problems
- Flexible approach to work and ability to work outside the scope of the position where required
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
We are keen to support flexible working arrangements, subject to local regulations and legislative frameworks. If this is of interest to you, please describe in your application the type of flexible working arrangements for which you would like to be considered.More about Shell in Australia
Shell Australia is a leading natural gas producer, and we are playing our part in the transition to a low-carbon future by also investing in the power sector, renewable energy sources and carbon abatement activities. A Shell career offers opportunities to work on innovative projects such as the Prelude floating LNG facility offshore of Western Australia and the QGC onshore gas business in Queensland. Beyond these are a wide range of Shell's New Energies development opportunities. Join Shell and let's power progress together with more and cleaner energy solutions.An innovative place to work
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on diverse projects.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.