Where you fit in?
With one of the most extensive footprints across the world, Shell Aviation (SAV) is a leading global player in supplying Jet, Avgas, Lubricants, Technical and Digital services to the Aviation sector. Shell Aviation is now also rapidly expanding its lead in the sectoral decarbonisation with Sustainable Aviation Fuels & Carbon Offsets in the short and mid-term and Hydrogen in the long-term.
In SAV Operations we create value for our customers, from private pilots to global airlines, through the safe and timely delivery of top-quality products and services, refueling an aircraft every 12 seconds, either through our own into-plane operations or via our joint-ventures. We enable Airlines and Airports to grow stronger and greener in the post COVID world.
The regional HSSE & Engineer ing team is focused on frontline hands-on delivery. Its reporting line is to EUAF regional operations, which integrates the execution of work as close as possible to the frontline and strengthens understanding of what it takes to set-up, operate and maintain a safe and compliant asset base for operations.
It is an exciting time to join an Engineer ing team literally integrated with frontline operations, which is actively working on introduction of n ew technologies (e.g. electical/hybrid vehicles) and products (e.g. Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF)), in order to reduce CO2 footprints and speed up energy transition.What the role is?
The purpose of the role is to deliver in a safe, compliant and cost competitive manner a number of capex projects and large scale maintenance projects within the region. The role will:
- lead the initiation, definition and implementation of projects (full lifecycle) to meet business requirements within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality, ensuring consistency with business strategy, standards, policies and processes.
- focus on Shell Operations across Europe & Africa, covering predominantly Fixed Facilities (tankfarms, filtering equipment, loading bays, hydrant systems). Opportunities for involvement in projects of Shell Joint Ventures or customers of SAV Technical Services will also be offered.
- partner with Country Operations Manages, HSSE Managers, Contractors, Airports Management, Shell Global SMEs and other internal and external stakeholders in order to lead successful delivery of projects.
The role requires a talented Engineer with a combination of solid technical skills, frontline operations know-how and commerciality. Ideal candidate brings strong influencing skills, is highly articulate with ability to flex approach based on the stakeholders involved and is comfortable with ruthless prioritisation. Accountabilities:
- lead delivery (from design to hand-over) of capex and complex opex projects in line with the SAV project delivery processes
- financial planning, cost tracking and liaising with central procurement and local tender boards
- safe onsite execution (Construction Management planning) and project closeout, incl MOC management, project Statement of Fitness and Commissioning processes
- lead Asset Integrity management for fixed facilities of each airport; incl a location-based Asset Masterplan and a longer-term investment plan aligned with the longer term strategy for each location
- annual Capex planning incl phasing of spend and workload and approval process management
- work with the support teams to ensure assets are correctly set up and managed in the Asset Register
- ensure that construction HSSE plans are agreed with contractors in advance of execution
- support project implementation to ensure appropriate site supervision in place to deliver projects to Goal Zero.
- maintain an overview, support and provide technical input to the e-Permit to Work for project related activities.
- act as Contract Holder for contracts of Engineer ing Projects, driving contract performance improvements wrt HSSE, cost and quality.
- co-define Contracting Strategy and driving Contractor pre and post award assessments
- provide advice and steer to Operations Managers, as a technical focal point for fixed asset related challenges
- work with the support teams to ensure data included in the CMMS system is accurate.
What we need from you?
- provide concept, scope, and cost estimates for capex projects aiming at New Airport Entries or Exits
- contribute to the holistic risk assessment of SAV sites by injecting engineer ing and maintenance insights into the related process
- develop insights on moves and trends of the external market re digitization, contractors landscape, competition moves, best practices and new developments in the field
- Degree trained Engineer
- At least 5 years experience of Engineer ing or Project/Construction Management, experience in operational oil and gas environment and ideally in aviation will be a plus
- Proven track record in successful engineer ing project delivery
- Solid understanding of asset integrity management and experience in leading improvement
- Working knowledge of e2e operational aspects of assets, including HSSE and process safety.
- Solid drive, an energetic pro-active mindset and motivation to deliver projects
- Demonstrated leadership skills in managing, influencing and communicating
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to work with varying approaches
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and trust (Lerner Mindset).
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent commercial mindset and solid customer focus
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written. Fluent French, Dutch, or Nordic languages a bonus
- SAV Engineer ing is being newly organised and the job holder can significantly influence how we are set up to manage enginnering and maintainance projects
- This role will require occasional travel (up to 25%) within the region, primarily in Europe, aiming to visit Airport Operations, meet Shell Aviation local teams and external partners and stakeholders.
- The role may potentially assume Director responsibilities for Fuel Farm and/or Into Plane Joint Ventures within the region, incl. conducting the required legal and fiduciary duties of such a role. Where required become also Shell's representative in the respective Joint Ventures.
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that not everyone applies when they don't feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply.Company Description
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineer ing and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.