Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions (VWTS) is a worldwide leader in water recovery, treatment, and reuse. We design and supply a range of water systems, from food and beverage applications to municipal water, to microelectronics ultrapure water and heavy industrial wastewater treatment. Our portfolio of technologies includes solids-contact clarification, membrane & media filtration, ion exchange, electrolysis, digestion, evaporation, ozone/UV disinfection and more. Our portfolio also includes chemicals & monitoring solutions, start-up & operation, membrane & ion exchange products, and custom engineered equipment.
As a Global Procurement Function, we live by, and execute as a competitive advantage for Veolia WTS by unlocking the true potential of our talent, investing in Operational Excellence & digital enablement, and building holistic strategic partnerships that will sustainably serve our customers, communities, and environment.
Reporting into Veolia WTS' SVP & Chief Procurement Officer, The Vice President - Procurement, Global Operational Excellence (OpEx) will be a very key position that will enable and accelerate the ongoing functional transformation. This role will be responsible for creating a best-in-class operational discipline for the function whilst making it a truly compliant, data driven, people centric entity. Along with key operational responsibilities, this role will instil organizational connectivity, team culture and talent management for the organization. Specific responsibilities:
Lead, Mentor & Coach WTS' Global Procurement's Operations, Intelligent Analytics, Projects & Initiatives, and Global Fulfilment teams which are focused on achieving functional and strategic excellence. Be an excellent advisor and partner to the CPO as well as rest of leadership staff that has joined hands to create and run a best-in-class procurement organization. Global Procurement Operations: Lead talented Procurement Operations team led by Sr. Director - Procurement, Global operations which is responsible for following:
Global Intelligent Analytics: Lead future oriented & data minded Intelligent Analytics team led by Sr. Director - Procurement, Global Intelligence & Analytics which is responsible for following:
- Procurement Operations Initiatives: Streamline procure to pay processes, efficiency improvement through task elimination, simplification, standardization, and digitalization, manage material master and data enrichment for improved transparency, strengthen compliance and governance structure around various procurement related processes, maximize spend under contract umbrella and smartly manage the existing contracts, actively support business integration activities, manage sourced product quality and regulatory compliance of a globally diverse supplier network, support talent strategy and promote an engaging & winning culture across the procurement function.
- Functional Metrics: Process standardization & consolidation, improvement in the number of transactions per headcount, on-time delivery, improvement in compliance to 'No PO No Pay' and other procurement policies, % Digitalization, Defects per million opportunities, Cycle time improvement of new supplier onboarding and parts qualification, Improvement in cost of supplier related quality, supplier self-certification, supplier audits, etc.
Global Projects and Initiatives: Lead a Women in Procurement Leadership Program which has high calibre, high impact talent that is working on most strategic activities for enterprise.
- Market Intelligence & Analytics: For the top spend Chemical, Mechanical categories drive Market Analysis, Price Forecasting, Cost Modelling, Index Monitoring, and predictive alerts on Metal, FX, Commodities Indices and driving relevant actions. Understanding and analysing Supply Demand conditions and putting buy strategies. Performing competitor benchmarking and industry outlook analysis that allows better foundation for fact based and intelligent negotiations. Analyse, build various system dynamics and regression models that further unlock interdependencies between various variables that compose the chemical/metal etc. and strive to get negotiations to turn into a science-based approach instead of only being gut/art-based approach.
- Risk Management & Governance: With an absolute focus on Risk Management, drive variety of strategies such as hedging strategies, inventory strategies, appropriate protection and escalation clauses in supplier contracts. Be the focal point to facilitate and lead organization's decisions around how to hedge, when to hedge, what to hedge while studying, monitoring and analysing markets and other geo-political events that have an impact on supply chains and pricing. Help the category teams and fulfilment teams identify upcoming capacity constraints and recommend them to drive strategies to overcome the same. Govern behaviours and practices with being the focal point of contact to recommend change in our hedging/risk management strategies. Govern performance of the deviations to see the effectivity of such decisions while learning from them and getting better every day.
- Margin Management: Collaborate while helping upstream functions such as Sales, Marketing and Product Lines and P&L's through our P&L Procurement Team to help them achieve close to 100% hit rate with passing on the downstream trends to customers with proper rationale and justifications. Provide fact based and analysis-based recommendation on how to best protect margins for each of our product lines.
- KPI Formulation, Tracking & Monitoring: Closely partner with CPO, CFO and establish key KPIs, facilitate data collection, study - analyse - track the performance and drive actions in alignment with team's objectives, vision, and mission.
- Evolve Data Strategy: Collect & analyse data while staying true to organization's 3 step vision of "Informatics - Predictive - Causal" data analysis. Evolve the maturity of entire Procurement organization and encourage them to utilize data as the basis for driving variety of actions. In partnership with Director - Procurement, Global Projects drive variety of initiatives which truly have an impact on EBIT, Cash, Compliance & Risk Management.
- Lead Team Financial Reporting: Lead the monthly, quarterly, annual reporting along with medium- and long-term planning. Create dashboards, tools in conjunction with our digitization and process simplification strategies. Equip and enable our category and P&L procurement teams to drive actions, negotiations through deep level data analysis.
Global Fulfilment Team: Lead and influence a large and talented execution-oriented 100+ members Team led by Director - Procurement, Global Fulfilment which is responsible for following:
- Key Initiatives: Coordinate and drive EBIT, Cash & Competitiveness impacting Procurement programs including but not limited to - Payment Term extension, High Cost to Low Cost Spend migration, Should Costing, Integration Synergy Savings, Tail Spend Management, Supplier Diversity, Sustainability.
- Influence & Change Management: Exercise horizontal leadership and collaborate and work with high rank company officers, procurement peers, suppliers and other partners to drive right focus on necessary change management and transformation.
- Culture & Talent Ambassador: Lead Culture and Talent Roadmap for WTS Global Procurement and help the team create a best-in-class culture and talent attraction and retention plans with collaborating with Procurement organization.
Who are we looking for?
- Execution Excellent: Lead, Promote, and Build a High Performing Global Fulfilment team who would strive to deliver best-in-class performance around on-time delivery and efficiency improvement initiatives across the Procure-to-Pay value chain.
- Functional Metrics: On-time delivery, PO lifecycle management, Transactions/Person, Cost/Transaction, On-time supplier payment management, collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders on various initiatives.
Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions is seeking a thoughtful, dedicated professional with the right skillsets, mindset, and behaviour to contribute to the continued evolution of our Global Procurement function. The ideal candidate will be a thought leader, capable of delivering on procurement Operation's strategy, Organization culture and execution, with a track record of delivering enterprise-wide financial and non-financial results on a sustainable basis in a matrix environment. Success in this role will require the ability to work in collaboration with a wide array of functional, Business and supply-base stakeholders.Minimum requirements:
Useful skills or abilities (not required for consideration):
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Economics, Statistics, Information Systems, or any other related field.
- 15-20 years of working experience in People Leadership, Procurement Transformation, Data Analytics, Category Management, P&L Management, Regional/Global Leadership.
- Experience in bringing together diverse functions and building teams that include data analytics and warehousing personnel, guiding them through successful data analytic projects.
- Experience working in market/business intelligence, strategic planning, project management, and cross-functional business experience as well as vast experience working with large data sets.
- Experience with enterprise data warehouse solutions, statistical analysis tools, database systems, and data visualization applications
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills, capable of developing presentations, and comfortable interacting with internal/external stakeholders and WTS senior management.
- Demonstrate exceptionally good leadership skills, including the ability to inspire and lead a large cross-functional group in a unified direction with a common vision. And ability to influence business leaders and executives.
- Procurement Knowledge: Knowledge of Procurement methods, technologies, and processes.
- General understanding of Direct/Indirect material categories and water treatment technologies
At Veolia, we realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We are an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every rung of the ladder and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We offer challenging and meaningful careers, with competitive benefits and flexible work arrangements.
Join the Resource Revolution! Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions is seeking thoughtful, dedicated professionals to join our 10,000-person team as we deliver leading water treatment solutions for clients across municipal and industrial markets, in locations on six continents. For more than 100 years Veolia has been at the forefront of innovation, from addressing water scarcity to leading ecological transformation. Finding solutions to the world's biggest water use and reuse problems has never been more important than it is right now.