Job Summary about the area and the role:
Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions (WTS) is a worldwide leader in water recovery, treatment and reuse. We design and supply a range of water systems, from food and beverage applications, to municipal water, to microelectronics ultrapure water and heavy industrial wastewater treatment.
At WTS, we realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We're an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every rung of the ladder and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We offer challenging and meaningful careers, with competitive benefits and flexible work arrangements.
The IT Product Owner drives the technical agile execution of projects and operations in the Engineering tools space with a specific focus on Engineering Configurators platforms.
He/she will translate requirements into technical tasks, will guide / collaborate with other teams in solutioning the requirements by applying best practices on the platforms and design integrations with other systems. He/she will lead the technical teams to bring these to completion on time and on budget and collaborate with the business users making sure the solution designed meets their expectations.Duties & Responsibilities
- Translate business requirements into solutions / design to support current business initiatives
- Initiate architectural and design discussions with Architecture Team and other platform engineers to define the best architecture / data flow / integrations / overall solution for the project requirements laid out in the BRD.
- Employ industry best practices to deliver solutions. Prioritize the requirements into sprints to meet the project timeline.
- Run the scrums and monitor the progress of the development. Lead and guide the development team in their daily work and resolve any technical roadblocks that might occur.
- Partner with the Security Team to ensure compliance with the latest security and operations frameworks.
- Supervise creation of test plans and project documentation
- Work with the overall project manager and the assigned functional project team members on resolution of issues identified during testing.
- Accumulate deep knowledge of the engineering configurators and other platforms
Lead multiple technical projects at one time and deliver solutions that are highly usable, scalable, extensible, and maintainable.
- Manage vendors, purchase orders, and budgets. Establish and cultivate strong business relationships with vendors to ensure the best support is received and to leverage all available resources from our technology partners.
- Manage the operations team responsible for the engineering tools.
- Minimum of 8 years professional experience and minimum of 2 years architecture experience.
- Demonstrated ability to execute against multiple priorities and deal with ambiguity.
- Experience managing a technical team in implementation of an enterprise system.
Experience with: Atlassian Tools, Engineering configurator tools, Quoting tools (Oracle CPQ).Soft Skills
- Achievement: Ability to come up with new ideas based on experience and competencies to
develop or implement new procedures or systems to improve the business and the client experience.
Education & ExperienceRequired
- Inclusive: Passioned for working in different cultures and environments, in a matrixed organization with a more universal and a diversity team.
- Team Player: Ability to work with others toward a shared goal, participating actively, accountable and committed to the entire team respecting peers, leadership, stakeholders, and clients.
- Innovate: Challenge the status quo and contribute to the IT environment and leverage technologies to bring new ideas and connect them to provide the best practices and tools to our stakeholders and clients.
- Inspirational: Excellent oral and written communication skills: Communicate clearly and professionally with IT and non-IT professionals within the organization being able to inspire others.
Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited college or university OR
high school diploma/GED with at least 8 years of information systems design, implementation, or integrationWorking Conditions