Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions (WTS) is a worldwide leader in water recovery, treatment and reuse. We design and supply a range of water systems, from food and beverage applications, to municipal water, to microelectronics ultrapure water and heavy industrial wastewater treatment.
At WTS, we realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We're an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every rung of the ladder and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We offer challenging and meaningful careers, with competitive benefits and flexible work arrangements.
The Procurement Director - NAM Chemicals will be accountable for $250M + of global Veolia WTS spend across the NAM Region. The Director will be responsible for leading the overall CMS procurement activities in the NAM region while leading a team of 15 - 20 people.Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop the direct and indirect material budgets for the organization in collaboration with key stakeholders and internal partners.
- Form and lead a high functioning team that is capable of bringing increasing value and has the opportunity for career growth.
- Receive metrics that flowed down from the senior leadership of the enterprise and convert them into achievable KPI's for their team.
- Coordinate the personnel and the processes required to achieve on time delivery of material to internal plants and external clients.
- Guide interactions and create a team spirit that blends well with all cross functional stakeholders.
- Foster and grow an attractive environment that encourages mobility and provides opportunity.
- Be the example for the organization by showing commitment, flexibility and creativity.
- Clear thinking while creating and articulating in all forms of communication
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft and Google applications
- Embrace multiple competing priorities and be able to set a clear operating rhythm meet expectations
- Be able to resolve potential conflicts and remain enterprise focused
Education & ExperienceRequired
- Expert: Demonstrate subject matter expertise in the field.
- Strategic: Gets the big game. Understands long term. Respects short term but doesn't get hung up in the noise.
- Inspirational: Ability to inspire/ motivate others.
- Curious: Ability to pose high impact questions, seeing opportunities in areas where others see problems.
- Courageous: Champions ideas and helps transform them into actions.
- Humble: Respectful towards peers, team members, leadership, and stakeholders.
- Holistic: Think customer and Company first.
- Accountable: Demonstrates responsibility ownership and commitment. Taking responsibility for making tough calls when necessary.
- Ambitious: Identifies underlying truths and comes up with ideas that change the way we conceptualize issues, depicts vision of future that rallies teams to compete in new ways.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, or similar field.
- Fifteen (15) years' experience in Procurement, Supply Chain function or an equivalent function with knowledge of business strategy, procurement strategy & processes, category management and overall execution of procurement KPIs.
- Candidate with an MBA, Master's Degree and / or certification like CPM/CPSM, PMP, etc.
- Good understanding of procurement sub-functions and water treatment technologies (products and operations).
Annual travel required. 15%