Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for a Electrician for a client's site at Immimgham, Hull on a six-month fixed term contract Main role purpose:
The post holder will provide day-based support on Atex inspections and correctives, as well as providing day-based support to site for general and emergency issues associated with electrical systems and devices. Key accountabilities & responsibilities:
Skills / Qualifications Key skills & experience required:
- Carry out hazardous area inspections, remedial repairs, maintenance and installation to ATEX standards.
- Involved in the testing and commissioning, history inputting, and work order completion for work executed by the team and assist in co-ordination and planning duties.
- Compex qualified - EX01 - EX04 as a minimum.
- Time served E/I recognised apprenticeship.
- Highly motivated, self-managing individual with high degree of independence.
- Demonstrably high commitment to SHE standards.
- Team player with a flexible approach to work patterns and skills.
- Ready to lead when the situation requires without unnecessary recourse to immediate supervisor.
- Able and willing to learn alternative methods and techniques for fault finding and installations.
- Able to work under pressure and with regards to standards and safety.
- Able to identify, analyse and drive work until completion with the ability to read Instrument/Electrical drawings.
- Attention to detail.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.