Loading Support Services (LSS) provides 24-hour technical support to ensure our client's customers can purchase fuel products safely and successfully. The analyst is responsible for monitoring systems to ensure customers are accurately set up to load product, diagnosing real time issues at our terminals, develop reporting and analytics which support business operations, and last, manage our terminal status communications which notify stakeholders of maintenance or supply related downtime. Operationally, the analyst interacts with and supports our demand/scheduling team daily with inventory and allocation management. In addition, the analyst will coordinate and support various departments of the business with reporting, analytics, and cross functional projects (including Pricing, Optimization, Sales, Finance, Scheduling, Demand Forecasting and Business Operations).
The client places a high value on this role as it serves as a talent pipeline for their workforce. They provide training on the oil and gas industry and their business to support development with the goal of hiring high-performing candidates as full-time employees.
- Deliver top tier customer service to client's fuels customers
- Provide first level technical support for all our client's fuels distribution terminals
- Prioritizes problems and responds to them according to the business urgency
- Identifies and analyzes issues to determine the appropriate level of response or involvement needed from other support groups
- Monitors various terminating systems to provide technical support, track inventories, and manage allocations
- Monitors the transfer of data coming in and going out to our client's distribution terminals
- Develop reporting for operational & management analysis as well as ad hoc reporting requests
- Analyze large amounts of data and present it in a way that provides value & actionable insights
- Understand and support the following business functions: Marketing and Sales, Optimization, Pricing, Scheduling and Demand Forecasting.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Excellent analytical and computer skills
- Experience performing Excel data aggregation and modeling (VLOOKUP, formulas, Pivot Tables)
- High competency level in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Multi-tasking and managing varying priorities
- Ability to deliver results through others
- Strong leadership of cross-functional teams/networks
- Motivated to work on multiple projects simultaneously, both in a team and individual atmosphere
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Management, Supply Chain Management, Information Technology or Engineering
- Prior experience utilizing TMS, DTN, SAP, Salesforce.com, or Microsoft Power BI
- Prior Customer Service, Distribution, or Supply Chain Management experience
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.