Overview / Responsibilities Site HSSE Advisor - Various Locations
Wood Power Solutions UK is currently recruiting for a HSSE Advisor with Overhead Lines, Underground Cabling and Civils experience to p rovide support, assurance and advice on all matters relating to Health, Safety, Security and Environment on a permanent, staff basis.
The opportunity will ensure key support on a number of Transmission and Distribution project scopes across a number of client sites, mainly based in Knutsford, Midlands, Bristol and Scotland. Join a culture of innovation, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
The appointed will promote an enthusiastic HSSE culture that delivers positive commitment to, and engages all employees in, continuous performance improvement, c lose out of assurance actions in a timely manner ensuring that findings are reported and shared appropriately and opportunities for improvement sought.
If all of this sounds good to you, review the typical responsibilities of the role and the requirements of the position below, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with Wood. Responsibilities:
Skills / Qualifications
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of the HSSE management system
- Progress against the Wood HSSE Performance Standards
- Provide assistance and advice to the Project Manager's when needed, with responsibility for HSSE
- Contribute towards developing annual HSSE objectives and monitor and report on the implementation and effectiveness
- Make recommendations for improvement where appropriate
- Assist with the identification of HSSE training needs and monitor delivery and recording
- Produce HSSE performance reports as required
- Promptly alert line and functional management to significant accidents and incidents
- Where appropriate be involved in the investigation and ensure that the findings are reported and appropriately shared
- Support on, investigate and review accident and incident reports
- Identify any trends and ensure that there is appropriate response to prevent future occurrence
- Planning, coordination, and delivery of internal audits for the project
- Maintain compliance with HSSE legislative requirements, provide updates as required
- Writing of technical documents such as procedures, management documents, investigation reports and audits
- Contribute towards development of bids, when applicable
- Cross site visits to provide support, coaching, collaboration, and best practice
- Provide support to Function and / or other projects as necessary
- Provide cover for other HSSE personnel
At Wood, we understand and acknowledge that everyone is different, and we are committed to equal opportunities and want to access all of the talent that is out there. We are committed to attracting a broad range of skills, knowledge and experiences and embrace differences.
So even if you feel you don't have everything listed, but feel you have some of the experience, knowledge or skills to help us unlock solutions to the world's most critical challenges....do apply. Qualifications:
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Auditor training
- Incident Investigation training
- IOSH Managing Environmental Responsibilities (or similar)
- Member of IOSH
- Demonstrable experience in a HSSE Advisory role within the Power / Utility Industry or similar
- HSSE coaching and training delivery
- Presentation skills
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.