Senior Civil/Structural Design EngineerSterling Petrochemicals
Position: Senior Civil & Structural Design Engineer - (Good Knowledge in EURO code is Preferable)
As part of Projects team for a greenfield 3000 MW Captive Combined Cycle Power plant, this role is to work as part of an engineering team stationed at Lagos (Later shifted to Akwa Ibum site) taking a senior role in Analysis, Design of Civil & Structural, Tender Documents, Technical Specification, BOQ, project Engineering work, focused on project progress, expediting, costs reduction and liaison with the Engineering Consultant (Local and abroad) and mentoring and coaching junior members of the team.
• The candidate should possess a degree in Civil or Structural Engineering and possess membership to an accredited engineering body.
• Experience: Approx. 12 +years
• Hands on Proficiency in Staad Pro, Foundation 3D, etabs and Safe
• Must be Regular BE /B.Tech(Civil) or ME/M.Tech(Structure) from premium institutes
• The applicant will have proven experience in the design of Heavy rotating equipment foundations including dynamic analysis, Building foundations, Switchyard pedestal foundations, piling, Building Steel Structures, Pipe rack design, underground trenches, Roads, Storm water drains, RCC Buildings, Pipe Sleepers, Under Ground & Above ground water tanks, preparation of Tender document, Technical specifications, BOQ, costing with significant experience in a similar role or demonstration of a good track record. Preferable experience in Combined Cycle Power plants with Gas and Steam turbines, HRSG, Transformers, Switchyard, Transmission towers etc.
• Applicants need to be able to demonstrate good management, communication and technical skills and be capable of working both within the team and independently, as dictated by work load
• Good presentation skills are also required
• Must be fully conversant with technical structural software, such as STAAD PRO, FOUNDATION 3D, RAM, CSC, ETABS, SAFE
• A sound understanding of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Project is essential
• Must be fluent in English with an excellent understanding of technical terminology
As part of Projects team for an upcoming greenfield 3000 MW Captive Combined Cycle Power plant, this role is to work as part of an engineering team stationed at Lagos, taking a senior role in project Engineering work, focused on project progress, expediting, costs reduction and liaison with the Engineering Consultant (Local and abroad) and mentoring and coaching junior members of the team.
• Work with Consultants (local and abroad) to assemble a design specification compliant with the employers' requirements, agree its format and content, and monitor and review its preparation ensuring delivery by the due date
• Agree and monitor scope of works with the CPP Project Management team and Company Civil department.
• Clearly define building requirements and purpose of use with the CPP Project Management team and Company Civil department to allow detailed design
• Carry out detailed design as per Local, Indian or International codal standard requirements, QA and technical review and sign off by CPP Project Management, including complex calculations and co-ordination issues
• Review and monitor the production of calculations including QA, technical reviews and sign off
• Ensure that information for project delivery plan is completed in requisite detail and to deadlines, and keep CPP Project Management Team informed regarding design progress through explanation of design decisions
• Provide documentary information to assist in the preparation of tender documents, ensuring that information for tender preparation is completed in requisite detail and to deadlines, and keep the CPP Project Management team informed regarding design progress through explanation of design decisions
• Provide documentary information CPP Project Management team to assist in the preparation of tender documents, ensuring that information for tender preparation is completed in requisite detail and to deadline.
• Deal with the day to day queries from the CPP Project Management Team ensuring that relevant information is available on time for construction activity
• Report to the CPP Project Management Team if any variance between the works constructed and the design intent
• Lead the design process and encourage the rest of the team to deliver appropriate and cost effective solutions to the agreed programme.
• Follow in full the document control, QA processes relevant to project work, ensuring drawings, specifications, reports and correspondence are issued, and filed in an appropriate manner, coach junior staff in their usage.
Key Competencies / Skills
• Raise the level of technical competence within the teams
• Implement delivery and quality measurement processes
• Promote technical excellence in all our projects
• Undertake technical reviews and contribute to the concept design of CPP Combined Cycle
• Provide continuous feedback to the CPP Management on the effectiveness of the protocols and processes in place with a view to continuous improvement
• Develop positive professional relationship with the CPP Project Management Team communicating openly about project progress
• Participate in team meetings, disseminate information within the team, and communicate with other teams
• Identify and act on, or refer, potential risk issues and follow in full the company commercial and contracting processes
• Manage delegated tasks to ensure that deadlines are met and flag resourcing concerns to team leader
• Identify and flag additional resource requirement to the CPP Project Management team
• Complete timesheet accurately ahead of weekly deadlines