Overview / Responsibilities
Wood are currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our multidiscipline and multi-client Aberdeen Engineering Hub, to support various scopes across the full project lifecycle including Front end concept studies, FEED, EPC and Decommissioning.
Execute electrical engineering for the Aberdeen engineering hub across various project ranging from Concept studies through to detail design engineering for electrical power systems for onshore and offshore oil & gas facilities. Complete engineering designs, calculations, specification and requitistion of equipment, whilst ensuring designs comply with inherently safe design concepts.
Skills / Qualifications
- Provide input to estimates and schedules
- Ensure designs comply with relevant codes, standards, regulations and procedures
- Ensure work is completed within the agreed budgets and timescales
- Identify scope and/or schedule changes in accordance with change control procedures
- Direct and guide designers to produce and issue engineering deliverables in both 2D and 3D formats
- Carryout Originating and Checking of engineering and design documentation in line with procedures
- Provides coaching and mentoring
- Support the development and retention of motivated and competent people
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement
- Monitor compliance with competence standards
- Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development
- Provide discipline support to the business
- Ensuring learning opportunities are captured and realised
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory framework and legislation
- Proficient in scope definition
- Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to respective team
- Management of key stakeholders in the execution and delivery of contracted activities
- BSc, BEng or equivalent professional qualification or HND or equivalent with extensive relevant experience
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.