Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an opportunity for a Principal Construction Engineer
to join our team in Qatar on a permanent basis. Construction Engineering Manager will be responsible for driving success on projects ranging from $100 Million to $1 Billion, through developing effective construction strategies and processes, reviewing and managing subcontractors and working with both internal and external stakeholders. This is a key role within the Wood Doha office delivering across study, FEED, detailed engineering scopes of work. In this role, you will be responsible for the execution of construction engineering work in accordance with the project execution plan, including Wood and/or project procedures, maintaining Safety and Quality within the manhour, cost and project schedule targets.
Reflecting the market focus for the office in both brownfield and greenfield opportunities, multi-skilled personnel are sought, in particular those with experience in:
- Onshore Oil and Gas
- Offshore Oil and Gas
Skills / Qualifications
- Champions both Wood and client Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality cultures. Leads by example in 'raising the shield', demonstrating the 'courage to intervene'. Ensures that procedures are followed and that a high standard of safety and quality is achieved in all associated work.
- Execute Projects in accordance with corporate practices and Project procedures
- Act as focal point for construction engineering services
- Interface closely with client construction representatives to ensure client interests are being accommodated
- Clearly define and communicate the project objectives and organization to the Project team
- To document lessons learned and to review/implement lessons learned from other Projects
- Champion the development of effective Construction Procedures, Strategies and HES plans which support the overall project goals.
- Support the Project Execution and Business goals through planning, recruitment and management of construction scope during engineering and design phase
- Supporting the proposal team with cost and schedule estimates, and working effectively with internal engineering and support groups, customers, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Leading constructability reviews through pre-FEED and execution phase of the project
- Providing construction input to the project throughout the engineering phase.
- Developing the project construction strategy, execution planning and contracting strategy.
- Developing installation sequencing, schedule timings and resource requirements.
- Preparing project specific site procedures and work practices as required.
- Assisting with construction feasibility and method studies.
- Supporting development of the project logistic strategy relevant to heavy and out of gauge
- Bachelor degree in an engineering discipline
- Minimum of 20 years of relevant experience and 5 years of decommissioning experience
- Demonstrable experience in oil and gas construction and decommissioning engineering throughout project lifecycle in particular Pre-FEED and FEED stage
- Offshore experience is essential
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels both within and outside of the organisation and across different cultures.
- Wood presentation and report writing skills.
- Proven abilities in leadership, engaging, developing, and motivating teams in a challenging environment
- Able to make decisions and drive decision processes
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation, codes and standards with the ability to manage contractors
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.