Overview / Responsibilities
Wood PLC is recruiting a QAQC E&I Inspector - Offshore to join our growing team in Brunei.
Successful applicants will be responsible for the leadership, management, supervision, and guidance of the day - to - day activities for delivery of the Quality Management scope. This scope will cover deliverables, planning, option selection and economic reviews. This is an end - to - end rejuvenation scope and as such will involve interfacing with other disciplines, planning, construction, procurement, and client operations.
To provide support to the Project HUC Phase through sound technical knowledge by having awareness of Codes, Standards, Specifications, Project supplementary specifications and that of the Scope of Work. A pro - active approach in resolving any site QC Inspection issues / actions and maintaining teamwork with other disciplines / functions to ensure overall successful completion. At site, this Team Member will be responsible for ensuring scopes during the installation and onwards towards Mechanical Completions of all Electrical and Instrumentation systems. Responsibilities shall include overseeing the works during terminations and testing, together with system testing and acceptance of generated paperwork associated with these discipline scopes.
Skills / Qualifications
- Inspect, monitor, and oversee all hook - up phase electrical and instrumentation activities
- Ensure positive understanding of project codes, standards, specifications, directly associated with the project
- Ensure compliance with requirements of inspection and test plans and work procedures
- Work together with other discipline QC Inspectors on quality control surveillance / inspection issues as needed
- Interface with construction and commissioning teams to ensure understanding or interpretation of job requirements, be pro - active and guide whenever needed to minimize rework
- Inspect and review the condition and documentation of all supplied equipment and their appurtenances and bulk materials; upon arrival at site and / or prior to incorporation into facilities
- Attend QC Inspection intervention points as indicated by the respective discipline ITPs
- Review and accept ITPs to ensure demonstration of satisfactory mechanical completion
- Monitor and inspect field construction activities on a day - to - day basis to ensure the installation is in compliance with the approved drawings, specification, and applicable codes
- Ensure adequate QC Inspection is carried out. Recommend and participate in resolution of corrective action and monitor completion of action for identified non - conformances and deficiencies
- Support HUC Team in resolving engineering or product deficiencies
- Bring observed non - conformances to the attention of the 'Site Quality Lead'. Ensure that proper action is taken to protect equipment from contamination and mechanical damage
- Participate in reviewing / verifying of all records demonstrating either sub - system or system completion towards Mechanical Completion
- Verify and accept Mechanical Completion of system Punch Lists. Ensure that both electrical and instrumentation content as compiled within the system dossiers are progressively and fully populated for handover
- Extensive knowledge, understanding and work history of Electrical / Instruments as applicable to Project HUC and site installation, and testing works
- Experience of the needs of other disciplines and how these link to the mechanical completion and commissioning activities, particularly: piping, E&I / T, control systems, mechanical, metering etc.
- A sound knowledge of ITR, Area QC Inspection / Handovers and its deliverables
- Knowledge of Document Management Systems as they need apply to Projects
- Associated offshore Oil & Gas Installation experience
Competencies - Technical:
- Capable of working in a high - pressure offshore environment ensuring that all Electrical and Instrument scope of work have been executed by the project in a professional workmanship manner, in accordance with project Work Pack requirements, whereby scope can be fully demonstrated by supporting document evidence
- Ensure all handover documentation from Mechanical Completion through to Commissioning is fully populated
Competencies - Project / Department specific:
- Experience in inspection coordination
- A working knowledge of management systems and their application to projects
- Understanding of working with applicable regulatory bodies
- Posses a valid offshore travel certificate
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.