Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: Project Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
The Facilities Planner / Scheduler will report to the Facilities Planning/Scheduling Lead and assist in planning and scheduling the Facilities Project through the Execution and Commissioning phase. Will establish and maintain project logic networks, schedules, integrated cost and budget data and risk management data, forecasting, earned value (labor) analysis and audit trails.
The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of Primavera software, and major large-scale projects.
The scheduler will apply their knowledge to ensure schedules integrity, forecasts and resources and updates are implemented in accordance with project controls principles utilized within the organization.
This position interacts closely with other entities such as contractors, suppliers, vendors, and subcontractors. Within the company and the other organizations, but not limited to Engineering, Quality Management, Construction Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Contracts Administration, Procurement, Expediting, Transportation, and Logistics.
• Write procedures and instructions for preparation and maintenance of project plans and schedules.
• Identify all activities on the project and develop logic using precedence diagram method (PDM).
• Attend contractors' meetings, discuss concerns and overall project(s) strategies and expectations.
• Ability to communicate changes to various stakeholders and recommend mitigations as needed.
• Track and analyze Contractors' schedules, notify project managers of unapproved deviations/delays impacting projects completion.
• Integrate data provided by cost engineering into the project schedule and project control reports.
• Prepare procedures for project control reporting including risk assessment and earned value.
• Program logic to include project benchmarks for the duration of the project.
• Organize and facilitate risk assessment interviews at the direction of the Facilities Planning/Scheduling Lead and/or Facilities Project Control Manager. Construct logic network modifications to facilitate risk mitigation and contingency planning process. Prepare periodic reports on the status of all engineering, procurement, and construction activities.
• Prepare Reports of Earned Value and variance of the Project Plan.
• Program approved recovery or work-around plans.
• Reconcile, [using Earned Value and production measurement techniques], periodic invoices, monthly cost reporting, cost and production trends, Forecast at Completion Analysis, cost variance analysis, funding budgets and cash flows.
• Interface with the Contractor's Planning and Scheduling Specialists to ensure that task data is incorporated into the integrated project schedule.
• Maintain document trail to facilitate internal audits of critical commercial internal control systems.
• Incorporate approved change orders into cost & schedule logic and reports.
• Maintain project documentation and data preservation procedures.
• Other duties as required and directed by the Planning/scheduling Lead and/or the Project Control Manager.
• Bachelor ‘s Degree or applicable experience
• Minimum 5 years project controls experience of large projects or multiple small projects in Refinery, Petrochemical: in assignments of increasing responsibility, complexity, and scope
• Proficiency in the use of Primavera Version 6, MS Office Suite
• Technical competency in preparation of automated and integrated project controls
• Attention to detail, high level of accuracy and high sense of responsibility. Open to a minimum of 25% travel
• Proficiency in the use of project planning and risk analysis software.
• BS Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or other equivalent experience (i.e. mathematics, statistics or project administration).
• Knowledge of Project Controls, Cost Engineering, Planning & Scheduling, Forecasting (Work in Progress/Earned Value), Accruals and General Accounting.
• Demonstrable ability to develop reports for, and presentations to management.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and meet tight deadlines.
• Strong technical, interpersonal and team working skills.
• Demonstrated analytical skills.
• Efficiently prioritize work to meet deadlines.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.