Coal Handler - Onshore - USWood Featured Employer
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Coal Handler with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry in Louisville, KY. Must be able to locate and have materials delivered to specify location so predetermines schedules and priorities can be maintained. The employee must keep very accurate records of materials locations, dates of delivery, submit reports on the status of various job material orders.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Skills / Qualifications
• Will be knowledgeable of and follow all safety rules, procedures and practices.
• Will, when directed by supervision, report to assigned locations for the purpose of receiving
training and will actively participate in the training activities.
• Will carry out assignments in training for and / or performing fire response and first aid.
• Will, during the normal performance of his duties, watch for and promptly report to supervision
any damaged or defective equipment or conditions which may cause damage or injury.
• Will keep all equipment, tools, materials and work areas in a clean and orderly condition.
• Will report as directed to any facility for any shift where needed.
• Will perform work in a responsible and cooperative manner to facilitate a positive working
• Will compile information and generate reports, forms and documents as required.
At a minimum, contractor is expected to:
• Will operate proficiently and in a safe manner all the equipment associated with the material
handling systems such as: crawler tractors, earth moving pans, dump trucks, unloaders,
conveying systems, coal barge unloader, limestone unloader, limestone and coal reclaimers,
samplers, scales, etc.
• Will service and perform minor maintenance on material handling equipment such as: the
lubrication of equipment, changing air filters, checking tires for proper pressure levels, fueling
tractors, checking radiator levels, etc.
• Will participate in the inspection of all material handling equipment including: conveyor
systems, structures, miscellaneous equipment and unloaders.
• Conduct tasks such as:
o Coal and limestone barge unloading
o Coal train unloading
o Earth moving / road work
o Conveyor work / light preventive maintenance
o Manual housekeeping duties including shoveling and sweeping
• Must be willing to work inside and outside under varying weather conditions.
• Three to five years' experience in heavy industrial / power plant environment preferred
• General working knowledge of power plant operations preferred
• Proficient in heavy equipment operation (including large crawler tractors / dozers, scrapers,
• Familiar with basic maintenance requirements for equipment operated with ability to perform
some routine maintenance procedures
• Ability to work shift schedule
• Understanding of OSHA safety rules in heavy industrial / power plant environment
• Understanding of Coast Guard and maritime safety rules if working around waterways
• Able to lift 50 lbs and work at heights and in confined spaces.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of the mechanical functions involved in the operation of
heavy material moving equipment.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of the material handling systems and the procedures involved
in unloading and conveying material.
• Must be observant and have normal color vision acuity in addition to being able to detect
abnormal operations through sight, sound, and smell.
• Knowledge of basic power plant operations and of Lock out/Tag out systems preferred
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.