Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting Construction Lead. This position is working for WOOD seconded to represent Brunei Shell Petroleum
- Represent Client to Provide assurance on quality of all EPC Contractor construction deliverables. Review and comment on all discipline Workpacks and associated vendor method statements through ASSAI ensuring accuracy in scope execution and preparation along with HSE coverage.
- Develop good working relationship with EPC Contractor construction personnel and management to provide assurance on flawless project delivery (FPD) - attend all preparation meetings for allocated projects and ensure effective client representation.
- Represent Client in occasional offshore management visits to various platforms, HSE input is expected.
- Represent Client in onshore visits to various fabricators, vessels and warehouses to ensure FPD and standards are being maintained regarding quality and HSE.
- Support all projects as required in PMS Constructability reviews, design reviews, staged model reviews driving HSE requirements and reduction of Hotwork.
- Interface for on and offshore Construction team queries at Client level.
- Review all TA scopes to ensure scope is reflected accurately in Workpacks particularly in late injected scope.
- Support EPC Contractor Construction personnel by passing on knowledge and good practice to assist in employee development.
- Challenge to Norm on Construction approach in the geographical area, suggest new methodology or alternative tooling approach.
- Perform deep dives into larger engineering scopes to ensure entire scope and challenges are captured to allow effective and timely scope execution during TA period. Provide assurance that scope is construction friendly and minimise over engineering.
- Drive change where applicable, demonstrate and utilize good practice from other areas of the world.
- Interrogate the plan for your designated projects ensuring preparation is aligned to effective delivery during TA.
- Check Construction progress by attending Daily calls, develop good relationship with offshore supervision (Client and Contractor)
- For designated projects input will be required during the full project cycle in all aspects of preparation. Main focus on challenging EPC contractor on flawless project delivery.
- Offshore presence may be required during execution at shutdown periods.
Skills / Qualifications
- A recognized degree or equivalent experience or qualification in a relevant branch of engineering and be a member of an internationally recognized professional Institution
- Have a minimum of 10 years practical offshore construction experience in oil and gas related design, construction, and implementation work in major projects
- With at least 5 years spent in Project Management / General Office Management with responsibility for multi discipline teams working on offshore and onshore oil and gas projects
- Demonstrable experience in similar role or Senior position in Onshore / Offshore Construction Projects
- Delivery focused with proven experience in achieving project goals whilst maintaining high standards in HSEQ at all times
- Extensive knowledge of the construction process, its implementation and management
- Fully conversant with project management tools
- Experienced in the production of detailed procedures / documents / reports
- Experienced in the management of personnel and all aspects of team working
- Extensive knowledge of O&G related HSEQ safe working practices / procedures
- Ability to deliver training to personnel within the construction team - commitment to develop team members
- Ability to interface and interact with Management and Client Representatives at all levels
- Ability to work both at project and corporate levels
- Conversant with / Estimating / TRM processes
- Conversant with HR practices / processes
- Onshore / Offshore experience in similar role
- Good Rejuvenation and Brownfield project experience
- Experienced in Corrective Maintenance & Modifications execution
- Working knowledge of Shell's DEPs and SAP CMMS System
- Demonstrated ability to manage, interface and communicate well at all levels
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to safety
- Flexible - able to comply / adapt to company / client requirements
- Delivery focused and committed to achievement of project / company goals
- Ability to interact with management / personnel at all levels - committed team player
- Confident and ability to work on own initiative
- Desire to learn and develop not only self but others within team - good attitude to continuous improvement
- Ability to work in a multi - cultural environment
- Ability to demonstrate effective and efficient management of processes
- Ability to demonstrate high level understanding of HSE safe working practices / procedures and their implementation
- Ability to react to changing deadlines and achieve project goals / milestones
- Ability to produce technical documents and procedures covering all aspects of the construction process
- IT Literate in all major software packages (Word / Excel / PowerPoint etc.)
- Ability to compile accurate data and produce detailed management reports
- Fully Conversant with completions management software and its functionality
- Extensive experience of construction / commissioning related activities
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.