Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for a Principal Instrument & Control Designer to join our team in Darwin, Northern Territory as part of its Operations APAC West business. This role is open to local or FIFO candidates for a negotiable rotation.
Wood delivers brownfields engineering, procurement, construction, optimisation and technical services to the oil and gas sector and enjoys long-term partnerships with some of the region's most prominent producers, actively supporting operations in Western Australia, the Northern Territory and Kazakhstan.
Reporting directly to the I&E Design Lead and working as part of our clients' integrated team, you will act as the Instrument & Control Design focal point on a major brownfields oil & gas project while taking responsibility for the design with the support of a small team, both locally and internationally.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Readily take ownership of discipline design commitments and requirements on a project
- Ensure deliverables are consistently checked, accurate and presentable
- Provide day to day services to the project
At Wood you will join an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds and recognised industry innovators, partnering to create new possibilities. Skills / Qualifications You must be an Australian citizen or currently hold Permanent Residency (PR) and able to work lawfully in Australia without company sponsorship.
Suitably qualified in Instrument & Control Design Engineering from a recognised institution, ideally you will have a minimum of 8+ years of proven experience in the Oil &Gas Brownfields Engineering / EPCM sector in Australia.
In addition, you will have:
- Relevant Certificate or suitably qualified by industry experience
- An ability to interpret and translate engineering concepts into practical designs
- Professional demeanour and interpersonal skills
- An ability to both lead and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Open to spend time away from office location as and when operation requires
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- A solutions mindset and able to manage varying tasks with often changing and competing priorities
It takes a diverse and inclusive community of inquisitive minds to unlock tomorrows solutions to the world's most critical challenges. Wood encourages Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and Women to apply. If you are a Principal Instrument & Control Designer looking for your next opportunity - apply now!
Shortlisting will commence immediately. Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.