Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a Project Engineer
to our growing programs of projects related with our strategic initiative to build our presence in Sarnia, ON
and service Energy and Petrochemical clients in the region. You must be located in Sarnia or willing to relocate to Sarnia your expense.
Project Engineers can be tasked with a variety of responsibilities depending on project needs. Below are general responsibilities that are typical on the majority of projects.
We are seeking experienced engineers with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance across the full life cycle of projects, including study phase, DBM, FEED and Detailed Design. Wood continues to differentiate itself from its competitors by delivering quality projects to meet our client's requirements and expectations.
Applicants with strong technical skills and experience in the above-listed industries should apply.
Our team has a long history of delivering some of the biggest and most complex projects in the Canadian oilsands, along with associated pipelines and refinery infrastructure. Wood has a strong presence in energy transition supporting the rapidly growing decarbonization and renewables industry in Canada and across the globe.
Come experience a culture of innovation by pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients across Canada. Join #teamwood! Please note this role will work our standard office hybrid work schedule. Key Responsibilities:
- Support the Project Manager to meet the project execution philosophy, strategies and execution plans;
- Liaise closely with project team members as well as technical and functional program support team members to ensure all aspects of project execution are on track and coordinated;
- Participate in intra-program and project teams to ensure the effective development of project deliverables, including technical deliverables as well as environmental, safety and regulatory deliverables;
- Conduct weekly interdisciplinary meetings, record and issue minutes;
- Interface with the client as required;
Skills / Qualifications
- Liaise with Project Engineers in other areas of the program to ensure alignment across scope and activities;
- Support the Project Manager in effective implementation of Owner's management of change (technical or otherwise);
- Act as primary contact for all requests for information from contractors;
- Support the Project Manager in ensuring that all contract requirements are adhered to by Contractor(s);
- Support implementation of the program formal interface management process and support resolution of issues according to the agreed upon escalation procedure;
- Draw on available expertise and resources, make decisions and resolve execution issues to ensure the project remains on track, balancing cost, schedule and quality appropriately and in line with project philosophy;
- Support the implementation of appropriate project controls such that real time knowledge of project execution is available, understood and acted upon;
- Manage the scope of work and schedule of Engineering resources including any external Engineering contractors, internal resources and third-party interface activities and requirements;
- Manage to an Engineering plan that addresses resources, deliverables, quality control and oversight, communication, execution processes, design reviews, change management, Process Hazard Assessments and turnover of engineering deliverables;
- Ensure processes are followed to ensure that the design meets the applicable codes, practices, standards, specifications and quality required;
- Advise on risks with respect to design aspects and design changes;
- Coordinate the technical query process (RFIs);
- Provides backup to the Project Manager as required.
- Local to Sarnia, Ontario
- A degree in Engineering and registration as a P. Eng. (or E.I.T. eligible to register as P.Eng in Ontario) is strongly preferred;
- A minimum of 6 years experience in the industry, with significant experience in Sarnia;
- Familiarity with the requirements of regulatory process pertaining to the construction of oil and gas facilities is preferred ;
- Previous experience working in refining, petrochemical, gas processing, and midstream facilities;
- Formal project management training and PMP certification would be considered an asset;
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills are required for the purpose of preparing proposals, letters, emails, legal contracts, technical presentations, consultation, and project reporting
- Must be located in Sarnia or willing to relocate to Sarnia your expense
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.