Do you enjoy assuring a high return on technology investment?
Do you enjoy strategic product development?
Join the MENATI Chemicals Product Line!
Partner with the best
The role is responsible for the respective business and is designed to assure a high return on technology investment, strengthening the brand equity of the company as a technical leader and improve revenue and margin. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall success and health of Upstream & Downstream Chemicals products & services, working alongside other functional disciplines in assuring confidence on the part of our clients and operations, while continually providing product & services quality and performance. The responsibilities of this role include strategic product development and investment decisions, creation of the product go-to-market strategy, development of product marketing materials, development and maintenance of product catalogue, and support of production-related processes.
As an Upstream & Downstream Chemicals Product Director , you will be responsible for:
- Being accountable for functional, business, and financial performance of the Upstream & Downstream Chemicals Product Line.
- Collaborating with commercial & marketing teams to gather market research, voice of customer, market segments and competitor intelligence to develop.
- Developing and deploying, in consort with Marketing, a strategy for both established and emerging markets based on the value proposition and how it fits in each segment.
- Delivering business growth through comprehensive life-cycle strategy that optimizes/balances New Product Introduction Advanced Technology development, Service and Productivity programs.
- Identifying proactively appropriate segmenting, targeting and positioning of product/service in competitive landscape.
- Planning and designing platform strategies for short term / long term product positioning and business impact based on market and technology dynamics.
- Defining and leading the platform strategy that allows for speed and flexibility of new product offerings, combined with operational efficiencies derived from platform strategy.
- Creating winning product/service roadmaps that optimize profitability while ensuring technology advancements are validated with customers and regulatory agencies to optimize speed to market.
- Aligning and leveraging total supply base to influence product line as well as market strategy.
- Leading initiatives which combine product development and process improvement activities and ultimately result in quality and reliability improvement
- Driving proactively end of life execution on products or services before margin results are insufficient
- Assessing the technology of the business in a critical fashion and relating it to the needs of the customers and the competitive positions against competitors.
- Establishing and monitoring the pricing and profitability targets for the portfolio
- Planning and leading the NPI planning phase in coordination with commercial, operations and technology stakeholders
- Delivering NPI commercial success in coordination with commercial & sales operations
- Participating in Stage Gate product and technology development teams, including documentation as required for gate meetings
- Assimilating and navigating the implications of any regulatory trends and the rigors with all regulations.
- Representing the organization in outside discussions and technical forums through presentations and authorship of relevant papers as necessary
- Conducting all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes Health Safety and Environmental policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Master's or Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Science discipline or equivalent (defined as 15+ years progressive experience within engineering, product management, operations, or related field, including 12 years project leadership experience within operations, sales, technology, technical support or product management)
- Have proven technical and business acumen in Chemicals Product Line
- Have product Line / Regional P&L exposure
- Have proven customer relationship skills
- Have proven Business Development skills
- Have proven leadership skills
- Have proven project management experience
- Be able to travel (>25% required )
- Show solid written and oral communication skills
- Have proven experience in developing product strategies and successful program execution
- Demonstrate experience driving variable cost productivity (VCP) and Inventory management to enable optimized product margins
- Demonstrate problem solving ability and results orientation
- Demonstrate LEAN skills
- Be familiar with ISO, API and other regulatory standards
- Have an established internal network in sales, operations & support functions
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward - making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.